Red Lion Hotel Eureka
$130
$120
$189
$183
All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast buffetcomfortable staycoffee makerhomeless peopleold townroad trippetcoastredwoodsbayhwycalifornia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I cant figure out some people, guess they are just complainers. Most of the reviews are about complainer people probably from childhood cant get their way, most of those people, you couldn't please no matter what you did. You know those people, the ones that never smile and always have something negative to say, and think the world revolves around them. Phooey with them. Here is what I have seen and I have stayed here many times, in fact, I prefer to stay here than anywhere else!
Very spacious rooms, very clean, always a friendly staff including the folks in the restaurant and the housekeeping. If you are worried about getting something stolen from your car, that can happen anywhere, just don't leave anything in sight and the thief will move on to better pickings.
This isn't Reno where there is security walking all over, this is Eureka don't need any. Like I said, use your brain and don't leave anything in sight, in your car. Yeap, this is great, fresh smelling room with no deodorizer smell, only fresh air, nice big King size bed, beautiful view, large flat screen TV, WIFI with a full set of bars and plenty fast enough, no waiting, and a nice desk to work on, even rolls out to make it bigger. A set of drawers for your clothing, excellent big bathroom/shower even has a hair dryer too! If you need a microwave or small refrigerator,they will accommodate you. The rooms smell clean too, not like some other places I have been. You know what I mean. Not here, No smoking allowed in any room.
I don't see how the other reviewers could say this is run down. It is Not run down, it is well kept up,clean and is in good shape. If you see trash anywhere it's because some visitors don't care where they dump their stuff as long as their car is clean.
Yes I have stayed in the casino hotel, "once", Those are for folks who like the smell of cigarette smoke and enjoy the perfumed smell "essence of Butt" as they walk from their room to the cafe for dinner, gets on your clothing just that quick! Disgusting and the rooms were not near half as good as this one at the Red Lion here in Eureka.
Like I said I have stayed here many times for business and with family and my pet dog and have enjoyed every minute of it. I wouldn't trust anywhere else, I have no need to look further, it's just not worth it.
I only wish more hotels were like this one. Absolutely the finest in this area!

Room Tip: Rooms to the North have a good view. Stay away from the ice machine or candy machines. 2nd floor is nice, as you can see farther out the window.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ernie T
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When staying in the heart of the Redwoods, I knew what to expect. I expected damp weather, no frills, logging community accommodations and that is what I received. The Red Lion was people and pet friendly. We stayed on the second floor where the room, mattress and linens were comfortable and clean. We had a small refrigerator, flat screen television and a view of the calm and muddy bay. It's crab season folks! Get your license and get out there.

Room Tip: Second floor in the 260's if you bring your dog like I did.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jasper707
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is in a sketchy part of Eureka. Large population of homeless. The grounds are not secure and there are no security cameras. No security guard on site during the night.
The general facility is in poor condition. The grounds are dirty and littered with trash. The room had pubic hairs on the toilet seat and in the tub/shower. There was a used q-tip in the ice bucket. We found the same issues with the breakfast that others have reported.

During our stay someone broke into our vehicle and stole over $1000.00 worth of personal items and clothing. The management was disinterested and offered nothing. Not even a cup of coffee. Clearly from our perspective this hotel needs corporate to review the management. It is not up to the usual standard of the many other Red Lions where we have stayed.

Over all - will not return to this hotel. Use caution if you do. They do not care about you except for your money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dewey S
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Good morning Dewey,

We are always willing to review and improve our service from out guests opinions. During our conversation I was not aware that you had encountered any room cleanliness issues. I would have been happy to make sure they were taken care of and ensured you were satisfied with the resolution.

As for alleged theft of unsecured items from back of your truck, it is unfortunate and uncommon in my experience here. I hope you did file a report with the police department. We do perform reviews of the parking area nightly looking for unusual activity.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future. I would be happy to ensure that our rooms standards are met and you are satisfied.

Raul Ainardi

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Check in was okay and friendly but soon after making our way back to the reception for a general inquiry we were greeted by a very rude and blunt female front desk assistant.

Rooms and the general decor of the place is very very poor. Add to that the room rates (we paid $170 for a King Room) and this is certainly not good value.

Breakfast was adequate but the same dated decor and general dirty feeling of the hotel means we wont be staying at this hotel or any other Red Lion soon.
Sports bar was OK but nothing to rave about and the bar staff were blunt and not even trying to be friendly. This hotel has some serious problems and it doesn't look like it will get any better in a hurry.

Don't bother.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Good afternoon BWPerth,

Thank you for staying with us, I would like to apologize to you experienced challenges with our team. I would like to address this with the individuals directly, because that is not the expectation or the norm here. If you are so inclined please contact me directly. We are really excited for changes that are going to be taking place soon, that will be addressing your thoughts about the dated decor. Should you choose to stay with us again and encounter a challenge, please let the manager on duty so that we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again and I look forward to being of service in the future.

Raul Ainardi

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here on a recent trip to the coast. The staff were friendly and our room was clean.Unfortunately, they tried to book us at $129.00 which was supposed to include this great breakfast, but my husband said we didn't need the meal, so our room was @ $90.00. (Then we found out the breakfast was only $7.95). Almost seemed a little unethical. Some of the lighting fixtures in our room were very modern, others were pretty dated, including one by the bed that had a large crack in it. The bathroom was nice, with newer tile and nice towels. I started to sit on the upholstered chair, only to discover some nasty-looking stains on the seat and up the sides of the arms. The TV was older, not a flat screen-but that was alright. The bummer was an NFL game that my husband was anxious to watch-only to discover it was blacked out so you would have to go to the hotel bar in order to watch it! GRRRRR Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the pool and spa. The worst part of our stay was the noise. People were in the spa and very loud until way after 11 pm, and the road was busy most of the night.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the road-too noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple