“poor management AND COMMUNICATION”

Red Lion Hotel Eureka
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Was at the RED LION INN THE NIGHT OF SEPTEMBER 12TH 2012 as a part of a tour group..I left behind a pair of sneakers and a new jacket from the Salishan Resort by error in the closet....called the Inn for 3 days after departing...no help whatsoever...talked to front desk,who connected me to housekeeping and lost and found....left 2 messages with lost and found...was told nobody was there that could help me and they took my phone number and I have still to hear from them....left 2 messages on answering machine for housekeeping...never heard from theM..wrote an e-mail to headquarters 3 days ago and never got a response from them..Needless to say I will never step foot in another RED LION INN..BATHROOM SHOWER ALSO HAD MOLD/MILDEW...LOUNGE PERSONNEL AND DINING ROOM PEOPLE WERE VERY NICE..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback about your visit at our property. Our Customer Care Department was able to locate your belongings and they have been shipped to your address. I apologize greatly that there was a lack in communication and you did not receive a call.

Please know that we value all of our guests and and appreciate the feedback we receive because it helps us make improvements in areas that it is needed.

If you have further questions you may contact our customer care department. Thank you.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Not much to expect except nice people, tour buses, decent clam chowder and good location to scenic downtown. The big plus is that it's clean and quiet. Only slight downside is tv only has fox news and no other news channels. Does hav the usual menu of commercial tv

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Maggie B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Check in went smooth and courteous. Room was a bit used looking but clean and comfortable with all amenities. Untill we saw the bathroom! Shower was moldy, mildew and just gross. Mold / mildew also around bottom of toilet. Had dinner in on site restaurant Wife ordered one of their signiture drinks with fresh strawberries and came with no strawberries, no biggy dinner special was prime rib! Prime rib showed up and was three different types of doneness and the au jus was just brown gravy....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here 8-24-12 to 8-26-12. Room 269. We were greated by very friendly staff and checked in qucikly. We had a large group come in together, so that was nice. Our room was very nice, clean, spacious and had a small balcony. It had a large refridgerator and nice coffee. The linens felt great, like they were new, and the bed was VERY comfortable and the shower was nicley tiled. The room decor was nice as was the rest of the hotel. NICE dark curtains to keep the city lights out. Definetly NOT a run down hotel. Though it had dated carpets, they were very clean and in good shape. Which is a big deal to me. It has a pool, small hot tub, a very nice, busy restaurant and bar on site. Breakfast was hectic if you order off the menu, but they did have a buffet going on as well. Nice to be able to choose. They have other amenities we didn't even use. The shuttle service is a HUGE plus! Though they have a restaurant, they didn't have Oysters... so they took us to our dinner destinations, Cafe Waterfront and The Sea Grill, which I HIGHLY recommend. It is located idealy with other restaurants within walking distance, mexican, an omelett place, chinese next door... Kid and pet friendly.

Room Tip: I liked our room #269, because it was on the second of three floors, and more towards the North end...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had been staying at the Red Lion in Eureka for several years, however about a year ago, I began staying at other hotels in the Arcata-Eureka area. During my last trip to the area I decided to give Red Lion another chance and I'm glad I did. The hotel management has a new attitude and you can feel the difference. They have begun refurbishing the rooms with new furnishings, bedding, (I slept really well) linens and the breakfast was a nice surprise. The wait staff once rather sullen seems to have been replaced - and the food was great!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a small balcony and sliding glass door, you will have to get a room on the h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Adrenlen
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my fourth stay at this property in 4 years. it's really getting run down. I don' t care about the spiffy new health club. the hallways are depressing and the rooms need updating.
the bright spot was a couple of exceptional employees. Henry Lawson is a front desk manager and is outstanding. sarah rapt the front desk is especially pleasant to deal with and knows me for past visits. Some staff members are not on the ball. I did not receive a requested waken up call and the morning staff failed to report the problem to the manager. I had a decent sandwich from the restaurant ( to go) but the hostess forgot to put the order in. the restaurant was empty.

Room Tip: Stay clear of large groups of kids. it was not a problem this visit but has been in the past. Back r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your continueing to stay with us. I do appreciate your business and your feedback. I have and will continue to work with all our staff to improve our product and service. The new fitness center is just a start, I am very excited to see how this property will be changing for the better in the future. I am sure you will be pleasantly suprised on you next visit.

I look forward to being of service on you next visit.

Raul Ainardi

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel isn't bad, considering the alternatives in Eureka. But, it needs a good coat of paint, some new air conditioners, new sliders (door to the balcony), and clean grout in the tub. The staff was friendly and the location was good for HSU parents.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family