All reviews room was clean breakfast buffet front desk staff comfortable stay coffee maker old town road trip pet dog sinks coast redwoods california hwy
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Access to the facility was limited. Could hear conversations from the hallway. Bathroom shower/tub showed less than clean. Internet service not sufficient. Deacor ok.

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank Richard H
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Good Morning Richard,

Thank you for staying with us recently, I wanted to take a moment and apologize that your stay was less than perfect. I will follow up with our houskeeping team regarding your comments as we continue to strive towards providing you the cleanest rooms possible. We are aware of the wireless issue and have taken drastic steps to correct it. In fact next week we are expecting the installation of a brand new wireless network.

I sincerely hope you will afford us the opportunity to be of service to you again on your next visit to Eureka. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed one night. The room was clean, comfortable, and well furnished for our purposes (refrigerator, microwave, comfortable desk). The staff were friendly and helpful. We booked on Priceline's "name your own price" service, and at rate of $89 plus tax felt we had reasonable value for our money. An oddity to us, however, was that we were charged $5 each for what would ordinarily be a complimentary breakfast. We were told that breakfast was not complimentary because we had booked online, which did not sit well with me. Breakfast was nothing special: scrambled eggs (almost cold) sausage or bacon, and the usual continental breakfast items.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank rlingleh
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had a completely different experience during our stay last weekend from the time before. We're limited with options traveling with dogs, so decided to try this hotel again. Check in was quick. Slight disappointment that the frequet-stayer card no long waives the pet fee. Our room was clean, new carpets. Incredible bed and very nice sheets. Overall, the stay was good. As other posters have noted, access to rooms is down long hallways indoors. This is somewhat inconvenient when the dogs want to take a walk.

I also want to mention that the last time we stayed and I wrote a comment to the hotel manager, I was prompted contacted. Thank you. I think the responsiveness is what caused me to try the hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank cabernt13
Bluesky026, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for staying with us again, we are striving to improve something everyday and your feedback is important. See you again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel takes dogs, however it is a noisey hotel and my dog kept waking up and barking. There is a vacant lot across the street to take the dog for a walk. This hotel has very slow service and if you are in a bind it is not bad for a 1 night stay. Just know that it is indoors but does have a sliding glass door into the parking lot. I chose this as a way to take the dogs out, less hassle. internet was very slow and never did get connected until ate in the evening.

Room tip: Try to choose a room at the end of the building if you have pets.
Date of stay: November 2011