All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast buffetfront desk staffcomfortable staycoffee makerold townroad trippetcoastredwoodshwycalifornia
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Ok so the service was good, the room was pretty bad. The chair in the room was so stained I didn't want to sit on it. There were minor stains on the bed spread, Mold in the caulking of the shower, wall paper peeling, cracks in the edges of the ceiling, the alarm clock only worked when it wanted to, so was unreliable. I gave up on the internet after it took over 5 minutes to load a page. Breakfast buffet was alright. Not sure it was worth the $8 per person plus tip. But like I said, the staff was nice and asked how our stay was at check out. When told about the issues they said they were in the process of remodeling the top floor, and the first and second floor would be next. However the new furniture wouldn't come until next year. We did think about leaving but decided it wouldn't be worth it to try to find another pet friendly hotel. And all this for $120/ night.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the top floor?
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Booked here as a midpoint stayover for the family on a driving trip to San Francisco. After a long day of driving I found out we didn't have adjoining rooms, there was no in room pay per view as advertised (it even says it in the room directory), had a horrible tv lineup and the front desk guy was slow and didn't even respond to me when I confirmed at the front desk the adjoining rooms, he just sent us all upstairs to find out for ourselves that they weren't and originally weren't even side by side doors. When we went back they said unavailable. Well, the parking lot is almost totally empty.
Not the service I wanted after a hard day.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 25, 2011

When we go to Eureka, we always stay at this place. It is clean, the front desk is quite nice, and the rooms are quite comfortable. However, this time our car was broken into while parked in their parking lot. I've heard a lot about how it is dangerous to park your car on the street in Eureka, but I though that it would be safe in the hotel's parking lot. I guess I was dreaming...Eureka is cursed with bums and drunks on their streets and I guess nothing will keep them out of the parking lot at nightime. If this is a car break-in problem in Eureka (which there is), the hotel should start having a security guard in the lot at night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Good day-

I wanted to take the opportunity to say how regretful your car was broken into while staying with us. I am sop glad you continue to come back and stay with us while your in town and appreciate your loyalty. We have duly noted all your concerns regarding the parking lot and will ramp up efforts to provide a better experience for all who stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know about the challenges.

Carl Fletcher
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I travel often for work by myself, like it wasn't bad enough that the toilet leans to the left, the drain in the tub is broke, there is mold around the base of the tile where it meets the tub, the heater is either on or off no happy medium, the black soot in the closet, the window lock is broke and there is no screen, not only is this place filthy, but I know don't feel safe.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I've stayed here with my dog for an extra $10, but other than the value it really is just an ok place to crash for the night. Clean enough, definitely friendly. complimentary breakfast is ok, staff very attentive and polite. Set back from main drag, best to sleep with earplugs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo