“It's a basic clean motel”
Review of Laguna Inn

Laguna Inn
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Tucson, Arizona
“It's a basic clean motel”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were traveling around California in August staying in low budget motels alternating between Choice and another chain. From these reviews I was quite concerned about whether this motel met minimum standards and we planned one night's stay only. We consider clean, safe and reasonably quiet rooms as mandatory in low budget chain motels. Comfortable beds are a plus. Our room met our basic requirement and the bed was very good. Everything was clean, we had a microwave and refrig which were great, the price was a little high, but everything else around was higher. The door was good and solid and the dead-bolt lock was sound. We were concerned about smell because of prior reviews, but the only smell we noticed was a cleaning solution. The carpet in our room needs to be replaced. This motel is not at the top of the Choice Hotel food chain but we didn't pay for top of the line. Breakfast was better than at other Econo Lodges; the best Econo Lodge breakfast we had. We took our selections back to our room and ate there. We dealt with two people at the registration desk. The younger man was more outgoing and friendlier. It is his service I am rating. Since we wanted to spend more time in the area, we extended our stay one more night and stayed in this motel the second night. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: One section of the motel abuts a busy highway. We were in that section, but we were so tired the tr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Resham D, General Manager at Laguna Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

R. Dass
GM
Econo lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My room was clean, clean sheets, clean bathroom, clean surfaces, clean fridge and microwave.

Bed was good, booked a double queen to get 2 pillows each and a bit more stretching space.

This hotel cost me $75 and in Motel lanuage that was expensive, but it was memorial weekend and that meant it was time to rip off everything and everyone that was moving on our planet, so I guess is was horses for courses.

Yes, I would stay again, but it would be on a need basis, Breakfast is billy basic and served at the motel check in office, that has to be the pitts to start with, come on, who wants to eat a beakfast next to the check in desk!

What's it worth, well in june 2012 $50+tax

If visiting eureka then be prepared for a bit of nostalgia, it's old and rundown with some signs of down and outs on the streets.

Enjoy - UK world traveler

Room Tip: Bring an iron and hairdryer unless you wish to trust your luck at reception. Place to stop over if...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Resham D, General Manager at Laguna Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
> We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was
> unsatisfactory. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your
> dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued
> guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. We
> are sorry that you received service that promoted you to contact us
> with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that
> your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts
> itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our
> coustmers.
> We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good
> service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate
> your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is
> needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.
> We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken
> corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the
> future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near
> future to extend our hospitality.
> Sincerely,
> management
Sonoma, California, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The room smelled strongly of cat urine even after opening the door and windows and turning on the fan. It was uninhabitable. The manager was rude and said too bad, you can't cancel, there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. I wound up just leaving and rented a room at the Motel 6 down the street for $10 dollars cheaper and the room was clean, warm and smelled like nothing other than fresh air. I wasted $62 dollars and never slept at the hotel.

Room Tip: Never stop here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank MarySueU

R. Dass
GM
Econo lodge

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Arcata, California
Reviewed December 15, 2011

So I arrived late on a Monday night after a long trip from home. I was exhausted! The man greeted me coldly and checked me in. Before I could walk away however he told me "No parties" I told him I just wanted a good nights sleep. I went to my room and noticed right away how absolutely frigid it was. I cranked up the heater and got out my sleeping bag seeing as how the bedding looked questionable at best. I looked around at the dingy room and wasn't impressed. The light in the bathroom barely worked and by that I mean you were lucky if it came on at all. So after crawling into my sleeping bag I quickly fell asleep. The next morning I awoke and called the front desk to ask for a late checkout which the same man allowed me another half an hour. I was surprised at that and yet he still was very rude to me over the phone. I took a shower and was disgusted by the towels which were stained with what looked like grease. I quickly got my gear together and got the hell out of there. I turned in my key and wanted to just say hey I am checking out. The same man didn't even acknowledge me or say thanks for staying. So in summary I would not recommend this place and if you're going to stay bring a sleeping bag or extra blanket, lysol and a tough skin.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Jonathan C
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

this hotel is not a relaxing experience! clean and tidy as it is the comings and goings of dubious characters in rooms above and beside us was disconcerting to say the least... Pool was clean and as a keen early morning swimmer I was glad of that. The management needs to get their act together and clean up their guest list!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vickimckenna51
LAKEWOOD
Reviewed September 15, 2011

when we arrived after drivin 13 long hours we noticed there was a lot of traffic and prostitutes so when we checked in went to our room opened the door the smell was horrible the air conditioner did not work at all the bathroom floor was nasty it looked like it had not been moped in months the bathtub was nasty nd dried up paint inside of it the toilet was broken you had to lift the top lid up to flush just not sanitary at all ,the carpet was just plain nasty then we went to talk with the manager he didnt want to say to much we went out and brought or own cleaning supplies bleach/lysol the manager act like he did not no what to do then he tells us the house keepers are off later onwe went to see this beautiful indoor pool that is a diiferent picture from the web site so 2 of us slept inthe vann terrible then the next morning we see the house keepers who are young teenage girls who were no more than 13/14 years of age walking around with pillow cases and on there phones this is a terrible place to stay i would never ever recommend are stay there again .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TB38
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Neighborhood is sketchy and so were the other "guests." We wanted to be close to the Blues Festival but should have stayed further south. Maybe because it's close to downtown and the courthouse, but a variety of drunks and crackheads made it less than appealing.

Interior is your basic painted cinder block. However, the place is falling apart. Molding is peeling from the wall, latch plate for the door falling off, towels with holes and rust spots should be retired.

The "neighbors" barfing outside (when there's a toilet inside) woke me up and there was no sleeping after that. I'm pretty road hardened but I would not go there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family