“Nice place and good value”

Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel planning on taking the drive through the avenue of the giants the next day which was a perfect location. The room was clean, people nice, the breakfast was good and the area neat and clean. Thumbs up from us!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at this Comfort Inn during our trip to the Redwoods. It was clean, staff was friendly and overall it was a good experience. If I visit Eureka again, I would stay closer to the city center. This hotel was the first hotel upon entering Eureka from the highway. I would have preferred to stay near downtown Eureka as there is more to do and see. But overall this place was good. Excellent rate as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We enjoyed our stay as it was a very quiet room and ever so clean. I loved the clean smell when you enter the room. We had a refrigerator, which is always nice when you travel. The breakfast was nice with scrambled eggs, cereal, pastries and juice and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay and it is very reasonably priced. I loved the complimentary hot breakfast which had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and sausage. The room was spacious and had a plasma tv hung on the wall. I definitely will stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Grumpy front desk, interesting layout, no problems with sheets or noise, but I sleep with earplugs anyway. Great internet, average "breakfast" (packaged pastries). Extremely overpriced for what you get, but it's the only chain hotel in town that I could find and on short notice... They did have a wine tasting in progress but I was too tired to attend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

With me they tried to double the price, just like that.
I called the day before, I was with 3 friends. We booked to rooms for a good price; they pretended us to sign the bill without paying in advance with credit card or cash on the same night: we were allowed to pay only next day.
So next day surprise surprise: the bill that I signed had to be multiplied for two rooms... I don't want to write all of the details (if you bill only once and pretend to pay twice, you pay taxes only once but receive money twice, which is what I consider a fraud).
I had to ask for a copy of the receipt and, to make a long story short, after many complaints and one month of time I received the confirmation from my bank that the money is there.
I will never go again there so it does not change anything to me writing here, but I sincerely hope that other people know what happened. I really recommend you to be very careful, choose another place if possible, and do not go to the Comfort Inn, because cheats like this are the worst things that can happen during your trip, they really ruin your day.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cellino23
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My stay at the Comfort Inn in Eureka, CA was uneventful. Our stay was during a Tuesday night which could be contributing why the hotel only had about less than 10 rooms booked. From the look of recent reviews it looks like this hotel has gone down since feburary of 2010. It is located right at the start of the Highway which was nice for us to head out early on the road. Although the eggs in the breakfast were fake, the other items were more than sufficient. Also with the free cookies and coffee during check-in. Based on my stay, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family