All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravywaffleshot breakfastgood sizefirst floorother hotelsfront desk clerkwater pressureup to datethe breakfast areathe wi fiplace to stayfree breakfasthighwaycerealgal
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Grumpy front desk, interesting layout, no problems with sheets or noise, but I sleep with earplugs anyway. Great internet, average "breakfast" (packaged pastries). Extremely overpriced for what you get, but it's the only chain hotel in town that I could find and on short notice... They did have a wine tasting in progress but I was too tired to attend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

With me they tried to double the price, just like that.
I called the day before, I was with 3 friends. We booked to rooms for a good price; they pretended us to sign the bill without paying in advance with credit card or cash on the same night: we were allowed to pay only next day.
So next day surprise surprise: the bill that I signed had to be multiplied for two rooms... I don't want to write all of the details (if you bill only once and pretend to pay twice, you pay taxes only once but receive money twice, which is what I consider a fraud).
I had to ask for a copy of the receipt and, to make a long story short, after many complaints and one month of time I received the confirmation from my bank that the money is there.
I will never go again there so it does not change anything to me writing here, but I sincerely hope that other people know what happened. I really recommend you to be very careful, choose another place if possible, and do not go to the Comfort Inn, because cheats like this are the worst things that can happen during your trip, they really ruin your day.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cellino23
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My stay at the Comfort Inn in Eureka, CA was uneventful. Our stay was during a Tuesday night which could be contributing why the hotel only had about less than 10 rooms booked. From the look of recent reviews it looks like this hotel has gone down since feburary of 2010. It is located right at the start of the Highway which was nice for us to head out early on the road. Although the eggs in the breakfast were fake, the other items were more than sufficient. Also with the free cookies and coffee during check-in. Based on my stay, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Was suppose to be a no smoking room. It was really bad. Only spent one night instead of two.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This hotel claims to be smokefee and yet they are not. Our room was wonderfully clean and comfortable when we arrived but after we left briefly and returned, there was an overwhelming odor of cigarettes. We soon discovered that the cleaning people were smoking. Because we were near the closet of cleaning supplies in the hallway we got the constant sickening smell of cigarettes. Also; tons of guests were smokers and did go outside to smoke. It was immensly unpleasant whenever we left or returned to the hotel and had to make our way through one of the entrances where people hovered just outside the door puffing away. Gross ! I will be back to Eureka but Not to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family