All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravywaffleshot breakfastgood sizefirst floorother hotelsfront desk clerkwater pressureup to datethe breakfast areathe wi fiplace to stayfree breakfasthighwaycerealgal
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Our Canadian Bus Tour company booked over 25 rooms some time ago and obtained a contract. We attempted to pay by credit card this week, 2 weeks in advance of our seniors tour, and the owner would not accept payment by credit card. This is the only hotel in North America that does not want to be paid by credit card. They obviously lost our business and the competition got it. Be very careful if you are a tour company planning to use this hotel and discuss payment options in advance.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Gerryjoseph
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I mistakenly put this review under Best Western but when I looked at my receipt, noted it was a Comfort Inn. We did not reserve a hotel room prior to arriving in Eureka, CA. We first stopped at the Clarion but it was a little scary and not up to par. We arrived at the Comfort Inn on Hwy 101 after stopping at 2 other hotels that were booked. Marcy at the front desk was pleasant, friendly and professional. This was my first time staying at a Comfort Inn. The lobby was pretty and clean. We were happy to find the room was spacious, neat and clean. The vanity with sink is located outside the bathroom and had a large granite top, with plenty of room for toiletries. The carpet and spread were clean and everything looked well kept. Our room faced the parking lot so I was a little concerned about noise, but it was not an issue. Seems like this might be a quiet part of town. There is a continental breakfast and heated swimming pool, but we did not try either. This was a nice, clean well-kept hotel with wonderful service. Checkout was quick and the morning personnel were also friendly. We had a double queen room and this is a non-smoking hotel. I understand it used to be a Days Inn. It has a great location, a few blocks from the Mall and other restaurants and shops. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Durwoody
Reviewed June 24, 2007

What a great little hotel! For a fairly reasonable price you get clean, roomy, spotless rooms (well, it's pretty new!), wireless, and a GREAT continental breakfast. So far, the best I've had - and I was able to eat even though I have a pretty crazy diet. They had sugarless syrup (not that I eat waffles - but if I did, I would have been set), low-fat yogurt, non-fat milk, decent fruit, healthy cereal, name-brand oatmeal, Promise (low-fat, healthy option) "butter" (!!!), and so on. Even the coffee was pretty good.

They have a tiny little exercise room, off the breakfast area -- too bad I missed this before I left! It had an elliptical, treadmill, and exercise bike I believe.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kidderton
Reviewed July 3, 2006

After a long drive we arrived at the Days Inn. Exhausted we fell into our queen size bed, soon to learn that they fit them with regular sheets that pull away throughout the night landing your head, feet, and other things on the bare matress(where other heads, feet and things have been). This is a health hazard that they do not intend on fixing. I've never seen this before, and we've stayed in many hotels and motels.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Roving29904
Reviewed July 1, 2006

I arrived at 6:00P with a coupon for $54/single (normally over $60 for a single). The lady behind the counter did not seem happy to honor it and was very unfriendly. The rooms are OK but the hotel is expensive for what you get and the staff unfriendly. I would definitely go to Super 8 or some of the independent motels next time.

Stayed: November 2005