“Comfortable place to stay”

Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Rockville, Maryland
“Comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. It was clean, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and polite. There were the usual choices for breakfast and it was nicely done. The price was reasonable. We would recommend it to others.

1 Thank Arlene T
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Arlene T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay. We are so happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this Comfort Inn. We are Choice privilege members so have stayed in lots of them. This one was very nice and very reasonably priced. The bed was great with lots of pillows of varying degrees of firmness. The room was spacious with a good TV and chair. The breakfast consisted of sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles and the usual carbs. The only drawback was a very bad smell in the parking lot one morning. I asked at the desk about it and was told it was coming from the pulp mill. So it was not the fault of the hotel and can apparently be smelled all over town. We did not smell it the day before and could not smell it in the room. I am glad I asked or I would have thought it was coming from their property. I checked reviews and rates on many different places before selecting this Comfort Inn and was not really satisifed with any of them for one reason or another. We were very pleased with this Comfort Inn and it will be where we stay from now on when we come through Eureka.

1 Thank bogeysue
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear bogeysue,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in future visits to the area!
superior twp., mi
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have to acknowledge that it was my fault I left my purse behind when we checked out of this hotel last week, but it would have been nice if everything had still been in it when I returned to pick it up. Instead I was missing over $100. I keep track of how much money I take on vacation and what I spend while gone, so I knew to within a few dollars how much I had. And things had been moved around in my bag, so I know someone was in it when there was no need to be since it was in a room I'd stayed in for two days. This may not matter to those of you who aren't as forgettful as I am, but we had other bad experiences there as well. When we arrived to check in the front door was locked and we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to show up at the desk. Then our keys would not open our room door and their solution was for us to wait for a repairman. We went to dinner and came back an hour later and the problem was still not resolved. Again, their solution was for us to continue waiting. Our suggestion that they put us in another room was not looked upon favorably, but they eventually did. And the treadmill was out of order our entire stay. Needless to say, I can't recommend this hotel. They did have a sign on their desk asking guests to write a review on tripadvisor, so I'm honoring that.
And as far as their current promotion where if you stay 2 nights and get a third free, that doesn't work either, as I tried to use it twice while gone!

3 Thank susan t
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear susan t,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to the area. I have been out of town since the 1st so I am unaware of the problems you encountered while staying with us. If you could please email me at gm.caa23@choicehotels.com I would like to figure out exactly what happened. As for the promotion, stay two nights get a third free, you must be a member of Choice Privileges and you MUST register for the promotion at Choicehotels.com prior to your first stay unless you signed up for the rewards program during the promotion. Each and every promotion must be registered for before the first stay you would like to count towards the promotion. As well, each reservation has to be made via choicehotels.com or through the 800 reservation line on your rewards card. If you did this and still had a problem, I would recommend contacting Choice Privileges at the 800 number on the back of your rewards card. We unfortunately can't give free nights at the hotels, it all must be done with them. As long as you are a member, registered for the promotion, made your reservation with Choice Privileges and had your CP number on each reservation I don't see why they couldn't have granted you your stay. Usually, they will give you enough points for a stay and then you would have to go online of again call their 800 number to redeem them for a stay. Unfortunately, at desk level we really don't have the ability to do anything except put your number on your reservation. Also, points generally take 24-72 hours to post, if you tried doing the free night on your 3rd night traveling that may have been the problem. I would definitely contact Choice Privileges.

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Olympia, WA
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Spent a night here while traveling to southern California. I had not made reservations prior to arriving in Eureka and knew I didn't want to spend a lot. The Comfort Inn was reasonably priced. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear MaryinWA98501,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
San Diego
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel appeared to be fairly new or recently remodeled. Room was clean and modern. Facility is completely smoke free. The Breakfast was decent. There were eggs and sausage, cereals and milk and fruit juices. It was a little distance to eateries. We went to food court at shopping mall about one mile away for dinner. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear CVlasflores,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay. We take pride in the appearance of our hotel so I am do happy to hear your stay was so nice! We hope to see you again in your future trips to the area!
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a 3 week roadtrip. We basically picked this motel because every other motel was booked, but it turned out it was a nice average motel. We stayed at a Deluxe room, and it was spacious but not very clean compared to other motels we have visited on our trip. Overall the motel was a bit worn, and the area seemed kind of dodgy. But still, we had a big warm bed, and everything worked. The breakfast was okay as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear nilledk,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on our property! If you would be so kind to email me your issues regarding cleanliness I will make sure to correct the issue. Other than that, I am glad to hear your stay was good. We hope to see you again in your future travels to this area!

email- gm.caa23@choicehotels.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

As expected, this is a typical motel, but its immediately clear from entering the premises that its maintained to a high standard and everything is spotless. Arriving mid-afternoon I witnessed two ladies on hands and knees scrubbing the floor of the breakfast room with vigor! The breakfast area is on the small side, but parking is good, rooms are well appointed and comfortable, the staff are friendly and the fitness room and pool are good. Although located a short drive from the Old Town, there is a mall close by and a "Shamus T Bone" eatery which is excellent. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear bamorgan87,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay in Eureka, CA! We do take pride in the appearance of our hotel inside and out and I am so happy to hear that it shows. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!