1,364 results
All reviews pool table fire pit limo service pool area complimentary limo hot tub tiki torches stretch limo outdoor heaters great pool the breakfast area breakfast sandwich humboldt bay waffles old town fitness center an oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Whoever designed the outside of this property (pool/spa/recreation area) really knew what they were doing. It seems like you are in a tropical paradise instead of on the corner in Eureka, CA. The staff was very professional and helpful, they have free limo service to local restaurants for dinner, and the breakfast was decent. One disclaimer: the double beds are more like an over-sized twin, so two adults can not sleep comfortably on them.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 29, 2019

The place was large, covering 3 buildings. It was a motel type with outside doors to every unit. The oasis in the main building was very nice with space heaters and seating around pool and hot tub. It was a ways from town so you had to drive there.

Date of stay: April 2019
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 11, 2019

This is a pleasant hotel and was a nice-to-find with availability when we arrived in Eureka at sunset after a long drive on a Wednesday night in March. We secured the last room and had to park in a part of the lot that was out of sight from our room. I was able to move the car closer in the morning but it was a wet dash through the rain in the morning.

Being in Northern California, rain is common so I recommend carrying an umbrella.
The breakfast area also required going outside to access so again, be aware of weather issues.

They have a nice pool (small but interesting with tiki torches and landscaping) area and a tempting hot tub. We did not bring our suits but we would have used the pool and hot tub if we had.

The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean and suited to the class of hotel that it is. The breakfast was a standard basic buffet and included the ubiquitous waffle maker. The room and services were nothing out of the ordinary in either the positive or negative. I would recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank eclipse_chasers
Reviewed April 4, 2019

We often stay at Best Westerns because of the value and overall experience. This hotel was no exception. The rooms have been tastefully updated. Coffee pot, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave were all available in the room. Water pressure was good and the shower head was high on the wall (important for my tall husband). Towels were soft and large enough to cover the body. The mattress was average softness. The real treat for this hotel is the pool/spa area. It is large, with patio heaters and fireplaces, as well as a large pool. The smaller pool is actually a hot tub, with jets and seating nearly all the way around.

The only reason I failed to give this hotel 5 stars is because, while the rules to the hot tub are posted, they are very small and obviously no one except me reads them. There were numerous children and preteens jumping into the hot tub and splashing everyone it it. The kids outnumbered adults 2-3 to 1. Needless to say, we were not able to relax after long hikes in the park due to the children allowed to overtake the spa. I did not make a complaint, because I don't feel it is the customers place to police the facility. Perhaps a staff member could come out once an hour and check that rules are being followed, or make visitors sign that they have read the pool rules at check-in.

It really was lovely, just not relaxing to be splashed in the face repeatedly both nights of my vacation. I love children, had two of my own and am a teacher, I don't have a problem with children being in the spa, but the rules clearly state that it is not a swimming pool and that is exactly what it was being used as. So, if you envision yourself having a relaxing evening in the spa and choosing this hotel for that reason, you might want to think twice. This was in March, I can only imagine what it is like in the summer.

One great perk was the complimentary limo ride available Thursday and Friday of our stay (not Saturday). The surrounding area is a bit seedy with lots of homeless people due to the nearby mission. I would not recommend walking around at night. This applies to all of downtown Eureka, so all of the hotels in this area will have the same issue. The limo ride the 5-6 blocks to the downtown area for dinner was a nice surprise. Make sure to tip the driver, she is awesome!

As always, the staff was great, the room and grounds were very clean.

2  Thank angie12345
Reviewed April 3, 2019

We have stayed at this hotel before and knew somewhat the layout; they have I think 3 buildings. I am physically challenged and need an ADA room. I called and thought I was getting an ADA room close to the breakfast area (which is a long way from anywhere). We did get a great ADA room but it was in a room that was the farthest away from breakfast that you could get. For a BW Plus the egg muffin equivalent is a little disappointing, but that life. It is a good location and if you can use it the free limo is a great service. I will stay here again.

Room tip: They have lots of rooms where you can park right in front so accessibility is good.if you need it.