1,365 results
All reviews pool table fire pit limo service pool area complimentary limo hot tub tiki torches stretch limo basketball hoop outdoor heaters great pool the breakfast area humboldt bay waffles fitness center old town breakfast sandwich
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2019

We often stay at Best Westerns because of the value and overall experience. This hotel was no exception. The rooms have been tastefully updated. Coffee pot, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave were all available in the room. Water pressure was good and the shower head was high on the wall (important for my tall husband). Towels were soft and large enough to cover the body. The mattress was average softness. The real treat for this hotel is the pool/spa area. It is large, with patio heaters and fireplaces, as well as a large pool. The smaller pool is actually a hot tub, with jets and seating nearly all the way around.

The only reason I failed to give this hotel 5 stars is because, while the rules to the hot tub are posted, they are very small and obviously no one except me reads them. There were numerous children and preteens jumping into the hot tub and splashing everyone it it. The kids outnumbered adults 2-3 to 1. Needless to say, we were not able to relax after long hikes in the park due to the children allowed to overtake the spa. I did not make a complaint, because I don't feel it is the customers place to police the facility. Perhaps a staff member could come out once an hour and check that rules are being followed, or make visitors sign that they have read the pool rules at check-in.

It really was lovely, just not relaxing to be splashed in the face repeatedly both nights of my vacation. I love children, had two of my own and am a teacher, I don't have a problem with children being in the spa, but the rules clearly state that it is not a swimming pool and that is exactly what it was being used as. So, if you envision yourself having a relaxing evening in the spa and choosing this hotel for that reason, you might want to think twice. This was in March, I can only imagine what it is like in the summer.

One great perk was the complimentary limo ride available Thursday and Friday of our stay (not Saturday). The surrounding area is a bit seedy with lots of homeless people due to the nearby mission. I would not recommend walking around at night. This applies to all of downtown Eureka, so all of the hotels in this area will have the same issue. The limo ride the 5-6 blocks to the downtown area for dinner was a nice surprise. Make sure to tip the driver, she is awesome!

As always, the staff was great, the room and grounds were very clean.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank angie12345
Reviewed April 3, 2019

We have stayed at this hotel before and knew somewhat the layout; they have I think 3 buildings. I am physically challenged and need an ADA room. I called and thought I was getting an ADA room close to the breakfast area (which is a long way from anywhere). We did get a great ADA room but it was in a room that was the farthest away from breakfast that you could get. For a BW Plus the egg muffin equivalent is a little disappointing, but that life. It is a good location and if you can use it the free limo is a great service. I will stay here again.

Room tip: They have lots of rooms where you can park right in front so accessibility is good.if you need it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2019

We enjoyed our stay very much, the staff were amazing and very kind . The spa at this hotel is one of a kind. It's by far the best stay we have had anywhere!! Highly recommend this place. It's like a hidden oasis

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChrisBWPHBI, General Manager at Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

We really appreciate your great review of your stay with us! Thank you for mentioning that "it was your best stay anywhere"...that is an amazing compliment! We look forward to your next visit to our area and your overnight stay with us!

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Eureka seems like a great place to explore, but we decided to hang at the Hotel’s pool area! It was awesome! A heated pool and a hot tub surrounded with heating lamps and great decor! Hotel staff at check in was professional and polite. We got some recommendations for dinner and we took advantage of the free limo to and from dinner!! Our room on the other hand, not happy. It was big as it was a handicap accessible room, but as soon as you entered you could smell a scent (not sure cleaning supply smell or air freshener) to cover up the rug smell. That in turn caused my asthma to flare up and there I was running my nebulizer at 3 and 4 am! And because of that, we had to make a stop at an ER in Crescent City for a few hours because of the flare up! I did let the front desk know at checkout about the rug smell so hopefully it will get taken care of!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of our one of a kind amenities...our Oasis Spa area and our complimentary dinner limousine! It sounds like you really enjoyed them both. We do apologize about the chemical smell in your room as we had just completed our "spring cleaning" in that room and I can assure you that everything was spotless - from the bathroom walls to the shampooing of the carpet, it was all "deep" cleaned. I will speak to our head housekeeper on this to make sure we air out the rooms better after a thorough cleaning like this. Again, I apologize...
We hope to see you again so that you can enjoy all the wonderful amenities that we have to offer and we will ensure that you will be in a room that wasn't just "deep" cleaned.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

After a long rainy drive from San Francisco we were thrilled to find this hotel with a room available for the night. What an absolute treat and well worth the extra $$. The Oasis spa was the highlight for us. There was a great pool and big hot tub area, island music playing quietly, torches a blaze and multiple areas to sit in warmth and comfort for those not in the water. Breakfast was great. The room was super clean and the staff amazing. It is obvious there is pride in this hotel. This place was a pleasant surprise. We almost added an extra day to our trip just so we could stay longer.

One thing to note: Rooms are accessed from the exterior.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the great review of our property; we really appreciate it! It sounds like your really enjoyed our Oasis Spa area and all the surrounding area. We are glad that you felt the room was "super" clean and our staff was "amazing and that our breakfast was "great"
You are right...we do take great pride in our hotel and we want everyone to enjoy their stay with us and reviews like yours make it all worthwhile...thank you! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Eureka!