All reviews complimentary glass of wine cookies wine list main building old town place to stay breakfast was included san francisco beautiful room bed and breakfast homeless people first floor road trip hot breakfast jacuzzi tub an oasis yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have had the great pleasure of receiving ROYAL treatment when staying at the Carter House. I travel around the state of California going from Hospital to Hospital and i stay at a lot of High end hotels, but no stay is as enjoyable as the Carter House. My wife calls it my second home, because I rave about how everyone makes me feel comfortable and at home when I arrive. The restaurant is on PAR with the top restaurants in San Francisco and the Wine Menu is the best in the State and thats saying alot with all the fine dining that I get to participate in. Kalin is their wine expert and she helps me and my clients discover new wines in the expansive menu. I have completely enjoyed the food and Corey the chef has been so informative in sharing some of his secrets. I apoligize that this is so long, and I never fill these things out, but thats how good my stays are!
Thanks Jesse, Britany and registration crew for helping me with late check ins, changing reservations, and Sarah has been a kind face in the mornings for breakfast after great nights at the bar with Heather or Doug!
Everytime i make the five hour drive to Eureka I know their is this wonderful OASIS as a destination. The Carter House and everyone associated with it make that drive worth it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MikeandMaggie
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This is a wonderful place to stay if you are in the Eueka, Arcata, McKinleyville part of redwood country. It is elegant in a calm, understated way, very comfortable, nicely furnished with an excellent restaurant ("301", where the cocktails are as good as the food) in which a very nice complimentary breakfast is served. There are at least two victorian house/cottage buildings in addition to the main buikding which has 25 rooms or so. It is located a block off Highway 101 as it passes through Eureka and three or four blocks north of the main part of Eureka's old town area, which is nicely done with several good restaurants as well as shops. I haven't found anything else at the same level as the Carter Inns in this part of California.The price is within reasonable, though not a bargain.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank bouldertype
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The Carter is the nicest and best hotel in Northern California. The entire staff is friendly and goes above and beyond. The restaurant is fantastic and memorable every time we eat there. The restaurant uses only fresh ingredients and truly is one of the best places I have ever eaten. They have every wine and liquor that you could imagine. Overall, an amazing place to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank dgeorge77
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Excellent B&B "feel", but with first rate hotel amenities. A fabulous launching point for day trips to some of the most spectacularly scenic spots anywhere. Great rooms, first-class restaurant, attentive and capable staff, overall a "10".

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaelc6
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We are from Georgia, and we like to sightsee and surf. Eureka is also the place when my brother and his family live. They introduced us to the Carter House Inn.

Our room was lovely. The service was great and the meals were wonderful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple