All reviews eagle house bagels victorian gem dance hall organic coffee the morning continental breakfast labor of love high end linens fourth floor old town sitting room ball room irish pub granola wonderful victorian restaurants and shops historic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

We stayed one night at the Inn at 2nd & C on our road trip. The hotel itself is interesting and historic, with a 2-story ballroom in the interior.

At check-in, Nick was very helpful and informative, taking us to our room so we would know how to get there. Fortunately, since we were on the 4th floor, it has an elevator. He also gave us tokens for two free glasses of wine from the bar during the social hour.

The room itself was nice, clean, and well appointed, with an antique armoire and good linens.

The only downside of this hotel is that it is located across the street from a homeless mission, though there is a lighted parking lot behind the hotel.

I would stay there again if I were in town.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
I5425VDrebeccar, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Thank you for staying with us Roger. We’re glad that you enjoyed your time and definitely hope that we see you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2019

The Inn was clean with a great Victorian feel. The room was clean and comfortable. We did not try the wi-fi because it was not secure. The building was close to old town and their boardwalk. The room had a two person tub only but we would have preferred a tub and stand up shower. Our room faced the street so we heard all the street noise like cars and trucks driving by and also people yelling at each other. We probably will not stay there again unless we get a water-view room and higher up.

Date of stay: April 2019
I5425VDrebeccar, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and got to explore the shops & restaurants of Old Town Eureka! It looks like you stayed with us over the weekend and yes, there can be a lot of people out and about, enjoying the many activities that are offered in Old Town and thereby seeming a bit noisier. We do have non-street facing rooms for those who are sensitive to noise and always try to accommodate a guests request when possible. In regards to our internet, we do have a secure, password protected WiFi network for our guests, however, we take every guest concern seriously and have forwarded yours to our IT specialist. We and several guests have tested the security since hearing of your concern and every attempt to connect is blocked without inputting the required password. Regardless, we will continue to monitor it very closely and thank you again for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to having you stay with us again and are always happy to accommodate our guest’s requests for a specific room, subject to availability.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

This hotel does not live up to what is advertised and what the website would like you too believe. I have also not run in to a more tricky cancellation policy in my 30 plus years of biz travel.

First of all, the hotel lacks ventilation and therefore smells like mold in the main part of the hotel which was very noticeable the first day. There was no heat in my room but the room did have a little oil space heater, which kept the room warm, but since there was no ventilation in the room the windows were fogged up by the morning. There was a smell when I entered the room but could not pin point what it was, likely water vapor and condensation from others that used the room in the past. Quite gross in my opinion.

Second, the cancellation policy states 48 hours. So they way this is interpreted by the hotel staff at the direction of the GM is you have to provide 48 hours notice prior to checking out which means as a business traveller if you need to cut your trip short your paying for a minimum of 3 nights. I left my biz card at the front desk and asked for the GM to call me but I never got a call.

So the good parts, the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The little bar on the first floor was nice and the free wine was good, California never disappoints with local wine.

The hotel staff did a good job, very friendly and having to be the middle person communicating the GM’s policies that do not make sense put them in a very difficult situation and they handled it well.

This little hotel needs a rehab. I hope the current owners can pull it off and increase the indoor air quality at the hotel. I would also recommend that the owners review the cancellation policy. Several hotels are near capacity in the winter months in the area and in my opinion this hotel is loosing revenue if it is not 85 to 90% capacity during the winter months. Business travellers need flexibility.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
I5425VDrebeccar, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Every single guest experience is important to us, as we share all feedback with our staff, coaching around every detail and making changes to our policies & procedures as necessary. While we are happy that you found your bed to be comfortable, your shower to be hot, and your complimentary glass of wine in our Parlor Lounge to be of your liking, we’re more concerned about the discomforts you expressed. We understand that some guests find our 130 year old, antique filled Victorian to be a bit “stuffy” in certain areas, especially because the building was underutilized for the past two decades prior to our family taking ownership in 2017. Since then, we have spent countless months of renovating, updating and deep cleaning every square foot of this magnificent building, all while maintaining it’s history and Victorian era style. We understand that it’s not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but for those who love historic Inns and quirky charm, this is the place to be!

To address your concern about the clarity of our cancellation policy, I did speak to both managers who assisted you during your stay and they confirmed for me that you were not charged for the last night that you couldn’t stay, nor did they access any cancellation fee. Our cancellation policy has always been stated as 48 hours prior to check in, regardless of the length of stay. In this circumstance, they waived all charges so that you could cut your stay short by one night. I apologize if that wasn’t made clear to you or what you had hoped for but we did make an exception for you, understanding your situation.

I am more than happy to discuss your stay further if you would like me to call you directly, as like I mentioned above, every guests thoughts and opinions are taken with the utmost importance. I hope to chat with you soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

The Inn at 2nd & C is by far one of the best hotels my husband and I have stayed in during our many travels. The location is fantastic as it is in the heart of historic Eureka. Walking distance to restaurants, shops, and the waterfront. The service is outstanding. We were running way late on our drive up. The front desk called to make sure we were OK and then gave us instructions on what to do for late check-in. We stayed in the "Professor Plum" suite which is gorgeous. SUPER comfortable bed and pillows! Believe the great reviews of this hotel. When we go back to Redwood Country, this is the only hotel I will stay in!

Room tip: Professor Plum suite has ample bathroom space and a cute sitting area if you want to curl up with a book or daydream.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
I5425VDrebeccar, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re so pleased to hear that your stay was everything you had hoped for and more. We take pride in all the little details to ensure every guest has a unique experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hopefully can arrive earlier & enjoy a craft cocktail or a glass of local wine in our hotel bar, Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge!

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

From the reservation process to check-in to checking out, everything was so easy. If our group needed anything, everyone there was ready to help. Love the old school vibe. Great rooms! Will stay again for sure!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
I5425VDrebeccar, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for sharing your experience with others who are looking for a unique and historic place to stay! We would love to see you again the next time you are visiting Eureka!