All reviews eagle house bagels unoccupied rooms victorian gem antique furniture irish pub dance hall the morning continental breakfast organic breakfast high end linens fourth floor sitting room ball room old town beautiful hotel step back in time granola
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I just spent a night in the Henry and Elvira room at the Inn at 2nd and C and we were really impressed with all the changes that have been made by the new owners. Although the building has the quirks of an old Victorian home, it has been largely updated to a modern standard of comfort. The beds in our room were the most comfortable we had in a week-long road trip. The shower had great water pressure and the toiletries were very high-end. The WiFi signal was strong. The quality of the food at breakfast was outstanding (so much so that we hunted down their source of bagels and granola to get some more!) Our favorite amenity, however, was their beautiful yoga studio that we had all to ourselves for morning exercise. The staff and the owner were also very friendly, both on the phone and in person. The only downside to the hotel is that the area to one side is a bit sketchy, but the hotel staff is very vigilant about keeping any questionable characters clear of the hotel. Furthermore, if you walk to the other side of the hotel, you quickly are among cute shops and restaurants. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Rebecca R, Owner at Inn at 2nd & C, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us Kristen! Our staff works hard to ensure every single guests needs and requests are taken care of and if there are any concerns, that we address them right away. We are happy to hear that your stay was wonderful and hope to host you and your daughter again the next time you are nearby!

Reviewed August 25, 2018

This place was a great find! I was a bit concerned at first as there are a lot of "interesting" folks out back by the rescue mission but once inside was put to rest. The hotel is so pretty; the wood work, amazing; and the staff, very accomodating and friendly. Fun town to walk around!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you stay with us again the next time you come to Old Town Eureka!

Reviewed August 24, 2018

Very welcoming and accommodating staff ( thank you!) throughout stay, with high attention to detail. Sit on second floor in "lower lounge area" in evening, and enjoy incredible jazz/pianist/other ensembles resonating from the bar, while watching folks coming and going down below. It's somewhat surreal and if you close your eyes, you can see and feel 1898. Honestly.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're glad to hear that we provided you a safe and enjoyable place to stay in your attempt to get away from the fires. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are on the coast!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

The hotel is located in the heart of old town Eureka - close to resturants and bars and a couple blocks from the Humboldt Bay. The room was adorable and the staff was professional and courteous. I felt right at home and enjoyed all of the details of this beautiful and charming place. The ballroom downstairs is beautiful. You can tell that the owners and staff treat this inn as a labor of love. My only tip is related to noise. The windows are likely original, meaning there is little sound reduction from the outside, but the staff provides earpugs. I didn't feel like I needed them but I did get awoken a couple times when loud vehicles passed by -- if you have difficulty falling asleep, you should use them.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback Sara. Our location in Old Town Eureka, which has some of the best restaurants, bars, and shops all within walking distance of the Inn, can sometimes be a bit noisy and yes, being a 130 year old building, the walls and windows are not the most soundproof, which is why we offer earplugs to those who are more sensitive to noise. We're glad that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Eureka!!

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I was very disappointed in this hotel. The room we were given on the 4th floor had a great view but did not have a TV (ask if you want this!) and I was treated as if I was not telling the truth when I said this had not been discussed in my phone reservation. The room on the 2nd floor with a TV that we moved to was over the bar, and ear plugs were provided on each nightstand (not a good sign). It turned out that the bar was not loud, but the street noise was. A tattoo parlor with neon signs is across the street, and their motion-detection bright light went off all night as people passed by. Not a restful environment. We did not think the photos of the rooms on their website were representative of the actual condition. The decor seemed just old, not stylish, and the second floor lobby in particular smelled old. When we moved rooms, it was clear that we did not want to stay 2 nights. Management charged us for 2 nights anyway (their right under the policy) and recommended a more modern hotel nearby. My advice: go there first!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations when you originally booked with us as it is never our intention to mislead potential guests. We stress to our staff the importance of asking whether a tv is important when booking a room so again, I apologize if that did not happen. While we do share the history of our 130 year old Victorian on our website, as well as clear pictures of many of our rooms, we understand that it is not everyone's "cup of tea" and we hope that the other hotel that we recommended met your expectations and are always happy to refer business if it means our guests are content.