“Definitely Recommend.”
Review of Bayview Motel

Bayview Motel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Our family normally stays in chain hotels - likely because it's a safe choice. I can tell you that this experience opened us up to family run places in the future. It was exactly as described - spacious, well appointed, and lived up to the photos. We used this motel as a base for exploring northern CA for a few days. I'd definitely recommend it. Quiet, located on Hwy 101, and good for families.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top (2nd) floor. The cool part about this motel is that it has a door to a balcony...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler_Oly

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Came upon this motel by accident and got the last room. The office staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was large with a king bed, a sitting area, a small kitchen area (no microwave which would have been nice) and a deck although the view of the 101 wasn't the greatest still, it did have an ocean view. The only negative was that there are no elevators to the second floor which means it limits people with any kind of walking issue to the first floor. Value was excellent and I would probably come back here if I'm ever in the area again.

Room Tip: First floor if climbing stairs is a problem since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SoCalEncinitas
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Neat and tidy place that is run by a pleasant couple living in the adjacent house/ front office. We had a family suite which was a very good value considering that we were getting essentially two rooms. Glad we stayed here.

2  Thank xrayd0ct0r
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Thanks to previous reviews on TripAdvisor for showing us the Bayview.

Nice big rooms, beautifully clean and a tidy property. The helpful owners gave us a pointer to the Lost Coast Brewery for a Sunday night pint and bite to eat as well as some useful tourist information for the area.

Beds nice and comfy, decent wifi and easy ground floor access. 101 being below the property has a little noise, but this abates later.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hardy M
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a stopover traveling up the California coast. There is not much to see in Eureka - town is very average and their 'old town' looks a little abandoned.

The Bayview was very clean and well maintained. Price was very affordable. I actually had to call to book their 2 bedroom suite (we were a family of 7) as the availability weren't showing online so I thought I'd try. Great that it was available but strange it wasn't online.

No food available (so NO breakfast) there but you can walk to Applebees. Rooms were spacious and wifi was good.

The standout were the staff. They make sure you are happy and are very helpful when asking for directions, things to do or what to see. All attention given to you which is nice!

2  Thank KimberlyGM
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is set high on a hill next to Hwy 101 in a residential neighborhood. It is an interesting entrance, essentially between 2 houses on a street, behind the houses. It is a single building, two story. We had a pet friendly room on the bottom floor and upon entry could not detect any pet odor (certain rooms are set aside for pets). There is no lobby, rather a small house in the parking area where the caretakers are located. They don't offer breakfast, but there appeared to be a coffee shop across 101 - though we didn't try it. Our room had 2 queen beds and was quite large. Each room has a door on the parking lot side, and windows and a door to the back lawn. The facility was quite clean overall. The room had a fridge but no microwave and the wifi was good. The only down side is that you can hear a lot of 101 traffic, but the noise calmed down in the evening. Overall very nice, and we would come back if in the area.

1  Thank travelbertCalifornia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Immaculately clean, fabulous views, enormous rooms, beautifully landscaped, 5 min. from Rita's Mexican restaurant. What more could you want? I travel a *lot* throughout CA, OR and WA, and Bayview is my favorite place to stay anywhere. This is a family owned / operated motel. Last time I stayed there was for 11 days. Housekeeping staff worked around my work schedule, so I had minimal disruption. Office staff microwaved my meals so I didn't have to go out for lunches (no microwaves in the rooms so that there aren't disgusting odors). And the owners went out and got an electric teakettle for me so I could make my French press coffee in the mornings (in-room coffee makers don't boil water, so no good for French press). I mean, honestly...where are you going to find better service than this? :-) Only negative about Bayview is the noise from Hwy. 101. But this diminishes greatly at night and it's nothing that earplugs don't eradicate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business