“Great Beer and Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Eureka, California
“Great Beer and Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lost Coast Brewery is a fixture in downtown Eureka w/ its excellent beers...Great White is my favorite...and a great food menu whether you simply want appetizers or a full meal. Their beer is award winning and sold around the country but its worth stopping by for a pint and something to eat when in Eureka. Like most brew pubs...its noisy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Randyfish

“Yum!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Special shout out to Shelley for keeping us happy with beers and for suggesting that we have the North Carolina BBQ Pork Sandwich and the Famous Hot Brown Sandwich. We sat at the bar and had a wonderful time people watching and enjoying some good conversation. We highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Tanya B
Benicia, California
“Lost Coast Brewery”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very popular with the locals. Great food and drink,wonderful service and reasonable prices. I would recommend for a great meal in a cool environment.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Bill S
Bushnell, Florida
“So-so service at the bar -- get a table”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you're here, it's probably in part because of the beer, which is well worth it. (NOT a full liquor bar, FYI.) We shared fish and chips -- tasty. There was a lot of action at the bar when we were there, so service was a bit spotty, but not uncaring. You might get more attention at a table. Though beer is a focus here, the place is definitely family-friendly: on our visit, there were a good number of Little Leaguers at tables with families.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank VespagirL55
Reno, Nevada
“Wonderful Food and One of the Best Stouts (8 Ball) and Bread Puddings Ever”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently went on a quest to find a beer I liked. I quickly gravitated to the heavier stouts and, even then, I wasn't finding much luck. I did, though, kind of like the stouts with a little chocolate flavor. It was then when I discovered Lost Coast's 8 Ball Stout. If even a guy not exactly enthralled with the taste of beer can happily down it, it must truly be terrific.

So when we were going to be traveling through Eureka, I just had to go to their restaurant/brewery. And, I wasn't disappointed. The food and service equaled the beer.

We started with the fried calamari and it was the small-rings style and was very tasty. The breading was flaky, not heavy. For lunch, I went with the Famous Hot Brown (roast beef simmered in Downtown Brown beer, bacon, cheddar on sourdough), while my wife and 10-year-old went with the fish and chips. My Mom chose the North Carolina Pulled Pork sandwich, and all of us raved about our choices.

One interesting choice is their french fry option. Besides regular fries, they have "lemon peppered parmesan cheese fries" as a side. We've never heard of that before but, after eating them, wondered why other places don't have them. They are that good.

Obviously, I had to have a pint of their 8 Ball and it was delicious. But we also noticed under their fruit beer offerings a Watermelon Wheat. Cripes, I love watermelon, but have never seen it in a beer. We had a taste and it truly did have a fresh watermelon hint to it. The only downside is this particular beer isn't bottled by Lost Coast. So unless you have a growler, you are out of luck in finding this elsewhere.

But maybe best of all, was dessert. We order the Bread Pudding (sourdough, nuts, raisins, caramel sauce and real whipped cream) and it may have been the best we have ever had. For one thing, it is absolutely huge. It's insanely thick and filling. I think you could feed a family of four solely on one of these. It is a must have if you are thinking dessert.

All in all, a great place. On our way back from Crescent City I made sure to stop again for lunch. Like the first time, it was packed, but worth it.

• Visited July 2013