“Cheerful”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Garbervil
“Cheerful”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place has reliable tasty pub fare, good beer, and a friendly, colorful atmosphere. It's a set-up for a good time. The waitperson keeps an eye on you. Pleasantly bouncy but not too noisy for table conversation when I've been there for lunch.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Karenl L

Coronado, California
“Beer glorious beer!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've had some Lost Coast brews here and there and always enjoyed them. It was great to have dinner at the brewery and try other beers that I hadn't heard of before, they were all delicious. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Juliana H
Baltimore, Maryland
“good food and service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was a good find and we had a good meal at a decent price. The service was great! The food was good, too.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank maranathasoon
McKinleyville, California
“More ho-hum fish n chips.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Loast Coast Brewery and Cafe is a Humboldt County landmark, more for their beer than for their food I discovered on a Jan.16th sojourn. I got there about 11am in hopes of beating the business crowd that frequents there. Only one of three people in, ordered a brew and perused the lunch menu. Halibut fish and chips caught my eye, so ordered. Beer was quickly delivered and so, I put in my order. The halibut and chips arrived I dug into both. The menu price was not listed I took this to mean it was a special item. I was, firstly, disappointed in the chips(fries). Small, limp and soggy, not tasty at all. Since I was first in, I expected fresh hot fries, not! The halibut was thinly battered and thinly disguised. I fish for halibut off the coast a few miles offshore from this restaurant so I know what to expect. Not that I expected fresh, since Halibut was not inseason. Maybe fresh Alaskan, don't think so either. It was a frozen Cod in all likelihood. Least they didn't charge an arm and a leg for it. All in all, not good, could barely finish said items. Wasn't worth a doggy bag. Service was good, beer was good. Food was not good. Living off the beer and not the food is where they are at. to bad!

• Visited January 2013
Durham, California
“Fun and friendly”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This restaurant has a very interesting decor. My son described it as something Tim Burton would create. The beer is great, especially the apricot beer. They have the best fish and chips on the west coast. The atmosphere is a little loud, but fun and casual. The service is friendly and fairly quick.

• Visited January 2013