“Good cow!”

Surfside Burger Shack
Ranked #32 of 192 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Okay, let's just start with the fact they serve grass-fed beef! (5/5) Clearly a local's kind of place, as we encountered a lot of guys stopping for lunch getting to-go's(5/5). I can see why. Big juicy burgers, crunchy pickles and fries fried up, salted and served hot(5/5). We all had the jr with cheese, save the man. The burger was even enough for our 18 yo college long distance runner. The man devoured a bacon and blue and was very pleased. We'd stop again!

1  Thank kidsisme

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am not typically a burger kind of person. This place has changed my opinion on the hamburger. So many choices and all made with local beef and made to order. My favorite is the bleu cheese bacon burger, making me hungry just typing about it. The onion rings are also super good. Highly recommended. Can't go wrong here, even if you are hesitant about eating a burger, give them a try!

1  Thank themonstersmom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I frequented this spot based upon some really good trip advisor reviews while we were driving down the coast. We are very happy we did! Despite its "shack-like" presence, the food bodes much better than its name would suggest. My boyfriend had the burger, which looked succulent, and I had the turkey burger, which was delicious. The best part was their zucchini fries! I'm glad I had read reviews for this place, or I would have probably opted for regular fries. The zucchini fries are divine, especially with some cold ranch dipping sauce. But be careful, they're hot! Definitely recommend this place to others if driving through Eureka.

1  Thank Lulu2828
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a surprise -- we stopped by on the way through to grab a quick lunch. What a variety of toppings and everything is cooked to order. We were originally a little surprised at the bill when we ordered but it seems to be average for the area. However, the quality of the burger and the great onion rings were well worth it! A half order of onion rings is more than enough for two people with burgers -- should have done the combo and it would have been more economical. Anyway, if you like spicy and hot with great flavor, I highly recommend the Pipeline burger -- it's got jalepenos and pepperoncini with southwest pepper jack and the normal lettuce and tomato. the surprising part is how they mixed up the jalepenos and the pepperoncini to make it blend in every bite. We also had the southwest burger which again they didn't just put strips of bacon on it but rather chopped up the bacon so that it was easily included in each and every bite!! Great flavor!! Go get a burger! It will be one of the best you have!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Big, juicy, flavorful—with every option you can think of. This is where I learned that grilled jalapenos are the best thing you can put on a burger" (at the risk of being "indelicate", grilled jalapenos don't have any of the negatives associated with consuming them. They are still spicy without the usual penalty. . .). Anyway, the burgers are big and tasty, the "combo" includes a small mountain of fries and a drink,and to top things off, they serve coke!

I take pride in the fact that EVERYBODY I send to Surfside makes a point to tell me they loved it and thank me for the recommendation. People who live in Willow Creek plan trips to "out town" around a visit to Surfside.

There are non-red meat options, I think they serve beer too. Let me be blunt, if you want a burger go here. You will compare every other burger you have from then on to Surfside.

1  Thank MannyLiestold