“One of the best local Asian restaurants”
Review of Gonsea Restaurant

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Arcata, California
“One of the best local Asian restaurants”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The kind of typical Chinese cuisine travellers expect - all variety of appetizers, entrees, sushi, salads, and side dishes. Make anything vegetarian if you choose. Wonderful lunch until mid-afternoon consisting of a complete plate of food with egg/spring roll.
We go at least monthly and it is always reliably good, timely, affordable, and warm inside.

Visited August 2012

“Bad take out”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We decided to order take out
Reheated tasteless duck, gummy pot stickers
They left out the eggplant order, and it took 4 back and forth phone calls to fix it!
We won't be returning

Santa Rosa, California
“Nice ambiance and clean place to eat”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The whole building and decor of the restaurant is a step up from the usual mishmash and poor decoration of your typical mom and pop Chinese restaurant. No strange smells or sloppy surroundings.
The staff was friendly and very welcoming and helpful.
The food was salty, oily and covered in gravy. I ordered Mu Shu Pork and Chicken Chow Mein. I always order that in any new Chinese restaurant because if they don't do a staple like Chicken Chow Mein right, I don't trust them with much else.
Both dishes although different, really tasted alike because of the too much salt and gravy. The "pancakes" for the Mushu Pork were dried out and did not roll up with the plum sauce and the filling. Not good.
The vegetables were over done in both dishes. Chinese cooking is known for fresh, crisp vegetables and the limpness and overcooked sprouts, oinions and celery was disappointing.

Visited June 2012
Humboldt County, CA
“Great food. Horrible service.”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Food is always good. I like the black pepper beef, double face noodles and chow fun. Prices are low and portions are good. The thing that is lacking is the service. The last time I was there, we waited a half hour before them even taking our order. I had to go to the front to ask to order. I normally get my order to go since the service is so bad. I keep going back because its a good deal for good food. When I first started going to this restaurant, I don't remember the service being so bad. The sushi is sub par, but everything else is great.

Eureka, California
“Chinese and Japanese food options”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A wide selection of items. The won ton soup is excellent, sushi - not so good.

Visited March 2012