“Yum!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Eureka
Eureka
“Yum!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great ice cream, sorbet and gelato!! The waffle cones have a hint of sweetness that we really enjoy. The different flavors are awesome, some typical flavors and some very unique. The flavors change so you see something new every time your in. My daughter's favorite so far has been the raspberry basil sorbet...and my sons the mint chip. They are a little pricier but it all organic and homemade, both a plus! This place is worth a stop, plus you can walk the pier and look at the boats, also a great place to walk your dog up and down the pier...best ice cream spot in Eureka!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank makjms

McKinleyville, California
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Such strange flavors makes me want to try them all. Tasted the tomato basil and it was good! Will make this place a regular treat for me and my family!

Visited September 2013
Eureka, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Ice Cream on the boardwalk”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had a great experience at this ice cream shop even though they didn't have the flavor I was looking for. I find it interesting that they create their ice cream in that sealed off room. I will be returning in hopes of finding vanilla ice cream with cookies and cream. This shop is on the boardwalk, what more can I say? The location is ideal, they have a quality product, and the service was decent - the young woman was smiling and friendly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MiguelG707
Irvine
“Best Ice Cream and Waffle Cones”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location on the boardwalk, best ice cream I've tasted and their waffle cones as a must as they are made to order. With new flavors added everyday, it's always an experience tasting everything until I decide. Great place to stop if your looking to walk and enjoy the scenery!

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Lovely ice cream”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could say the same for the woman who waited on us. She charged us tax on take-out icecream cones. When I attempted to correct her for that, she got surly. My hazelnut-chocolate gelato was excellent. Parking was accessible across the way. Prices are in line with other upscale icecream shops in the area. That place will be wonderful after the staff is properly trained.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Traveloscopy F
Dena P, Owner at Living the Dream Ice Cream, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed the Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato! And thank you for being a customer. We wanted to note something about the sales tax we charge on our cones as you are not the first to argue that point of view. Per my CPA, and from how we interpret the law, we have to charge sales tax on items that are suitable for consumption on our premises, whether you actually do so or not does not change the taxable nature of the transaction. That is why our pints and quarts are not taxable but all our scooped cones are. My employees have been trained to apply tax in the way our CPA has advised. Again, that you for stopping by and I hope you will come back!