“Lovely ice cream”

Living the Dream Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Eureka
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“Lovely ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could say the same for the woman who waited on us. She charged us tax on take-out icecream cones. When I attempted to correct her for that, she got surly. My hazelnut-chocolate gelato was excellent. Parking was accessible across the way. Prices are in line with other upscale icecream shops in the area. That place will be wonderful after the staff is properly trained.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Traveloscopy F
Dena P, Owner at Living the Dream Ice Cream, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed the Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato! And thank you for being a customer. We wanted to note something about the sales tax we charge on our cones as you are not the first to argue that point of view. Per my CPA, and from how we interpret the law, we have to charge sales tax on items that are suitable for consumption on our premises, whether you actually do so or not does not change the taxable nature of the transaction. That is why our pints and quarts are not taxable but all our scooped cones are. My employees have been trained to apply tax in the way our CPA has advised. Again, that you for stopping by and I hope you will come back!

Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious spot for dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Located right on the boardwalk in the centre of the historic town of Eureka, this is a MUST when travelling with kids. And moms who like chocolate, too.

“Tasty and organic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were walking on the boardwalk and noticed the organic sign. Many varieties of flavors- in fact it was hard to choose. We were able to sample flavors before making a choice. My husband had porter caramel and I had malted vanilla and pistachio. They let you split a single. Prices were reasonable. We would go back!

Seattle, Washington
“Yum! Go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our server at lunch told us to go here and we were not disappointed! The place was packed with only one poor girl working but she was still pleasant and gave us samples to test before committing. Bottom line: the ice cream was absolutely delicious. So creamy and there were many interesting flavors to choose from (husband had banana macadamia nut and I had maple walnut - both were amazing). It is right on the waterfront so we could sit down and enjoy the view while enjoying our after lunch treats. We would definitely come here again.

Visited July 2013
“Organic and unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

All organic and a very unique line up of flavors. My favorite is their honey grams. Atmosphere is awesome too. They can get busy and you may see the line coming out the door but it moves pretty fast and the staff is very nice.