“Worst customer service ever”
Review of Super 8 Eureka

Super 8 Eureka
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

You know its going to be bad when you sign in and they have you sign a form saying you have only 15 minutes to inspect your room and get a refund. We didnt end up staying .... The creepy desk clerk decided my sister in law was committing credit card fraud when she tried to use her grandmother's cc and called the police. Then he wanted the police to arrest the other sister for slapping his counter with her hand. Nutball, and a big jerk. After refusing to take the cc, when her sister offered to pay for the room he laughed and said it was already rented. Apparently its funny to know a woman and her four kids wont have a place to stay. As we left we passed dumpster divers in the back. Bad area and lots of bad element hanging around. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Checked in with my family for a Fourth of July vacation using our rewards points. Took the kids straight to the pool. My daughter came up to us saying that she found something in the pool. Upon looking at it we realized that she had found poop! We immediately took the kids out of the pool, rushed back to the room to clean them off and packed our bags. The little boy responsible's mom apologized and asked if she could do anything. We informed the hotel what happened, and they checked our room to see that we had not stayed there and everything was in order. They told me that I would have to call the rewards center the next day to get the points refunded since they were already closed for the night. When I called the next day the Wyndham rewards center called the hotel and they said they denied us the refund because they couldn't find the log that my daughter had already taken out and we disposed of! We tried several more times to get our points refunded as we did not stay the night or even a full hour due to our kids swimming with feces. They now hang up on us and yell at us. Do not stay. Very rude and shady!

Room Tip: Do not stay, and if you do, stay out of the pool! Better off to stay at another hotel, as there are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Unfortunately, my short-sighted company booked me here for ten nights. Where to start? This "motel" conveniently serves as a hub for crack hoes, drunken brawls, dumpster divers, and local transients. This is not the fault of the establishment, but the continually-nearly-clogged bathroom and shower drains, noisy bathroom fan, dirty carpets, LOUD Mexican family housekeepers, poor breakfast choices (don't let their website fool you, there IS no yogurt or fresh fruit or pastries available... ever!), spotty internet, no A/C, and no fresh air in their rooms definitely IS their fault. I would give this place zero stars, but that was not an option.
You can't take your breakfast back to your room? Really? I did so anyway! There are not enough places to sit in the "Breakfast Room", so I suppose you could stand there and enjoy your crappy cup of coffee and Fruit Loops if you so choose. I was here alone, so I didn't mind standing and waiting for a place to sit, but what if I was here with my family? Where would they sit? So, despite the hand-written signs posted everywhere stating that you can't take your breakfast out of the Breakfast Room!, I simply headed back to my crappy room, Raisin Bran and watered-down juice in hand.
The parking lot is too small and dimly lit, and the potheads in the room nearby didn't seem to care too much for keeping the noise down. The local police seem very familiar with this establishment and are frequent visitors.
Amenities? Yeah! Check out the incredibly stained carpet in the hallway! You enjoy loud, squeaky doors? Come on over to my room! When I plugged in an extension cord for my computer into one of the wall sockets, sparks flew out of the cord, leaving only a puff of smoke and a fried cord behind. Thanks, Super 8.
Despite being turned off the wall heater emits a small amount of heat constantly. Nothing like getting off from work and entering a sweltering room! There is no air-conditioning nor a simple fan to blow any sort of fresh air into the room. Out of desperation, I once tried keeping my door and windows open just to cool the room down, but the Mexican family of "housekeepers" kept yelling at one another in Spanish and banging into walls with their carts, and I could not sleep after working the night shift. So I had to keep the bathroom light/fan on constantly because it blew a small amount of "fresh air" into my room, and that was the only way I could keep the room from heating up. And despite being on a dimmer switch, the ceiling fan is either on full blast or off entirely. Oh, and good luck keeping your shower water at a consistent temperature.

I think that I'd rather sleep in my car.

Please spare yourself the trouble and headache of staying here, and stay at a decent place instead, like the Quality Inn across the street or the Best Western a few blocks south.

Just don't stay here!

Room Tip: Sure... don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mike S
Reviewed August 18, 2013

After driving down the Oregon Coast we made a return trip to Eureka CA. A lovely city and we enjoyed our stay in the Super 8..It was clean and the service was good. There was a restaurant nearby to make it even better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family