“Average stay”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Medford
“Average stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

If your looking for just a place to put your head to a pillow at a decent price this was the place. The front desk interaction was nice (didn't have any other staff interactions). The room was average size as expected with all the standards (mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV with cable). The beds were very firm, but bedding was clean. Pool was a nice place for the kids to unwind after a long day (smaller than pictured) and the dry sauna was nice for me. Hot tub not working but no matter, only there for the night and it was almost closing anyway. Close to downtown and within walking distance to many sights and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Carrie H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brentwood, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Of course, you're not expecting the Ritz, but the rooms are dingy and the noise from being right on 101 is pretty obtrusive. Not even a great stop for a bargain hotel. And no parking for a trailer or big rig.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hongisto

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Eureka, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been here for a few days and every time I go to the sauna it's cold!!! I told one of the maids I saw in the hall and she called the front desk and got it kind of working. I sat in it for 20 minutes and not a drop of sweat. I guess I have to call ahead to get it working. It sucks walking down that cold open hallway to a nonworking sauna after paying more for that in the first place. I got stuff to do I can't wait for two hours while the thing warms up It should be hot all the time!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bart S
Eureka, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stay at Super 8s for the value. Not looking for, nor expecting a lot. This was a good value stay.

However, upon arrival, I was presented with a full page disclosure, that I had up to 15 minutes to notify the mgr, if I had a problem, and wanted to cancel????

The room, tv, micro wave, refrig, and two beds in a clean room.

The problem, discovered after 15 minutes, was the wall heater. A bit of a chilly, rainy day, so I adjusted it to 75. Can't say that it worked. The room started to smell, felt like a kerosene smell, burned our eyes, modest coughing. I turned on the bathroom vent, opened the four, and didn't call the mgr because I was passed my 15 min limit.

So, I didn't report the incident. Despite the good price, if you need heat (no AC fully disclosed). I might stay elsewhere. Perhaps a room issue, but the 15 min signed warning, put me off.

The staff was pleasant. overall, avg is generous.

Room Tip: Check the heater first thing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wyre M
King's Lynn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and in good condition, however compared to our Super 8 the night before (in Coo's Bay) the facilities were a little dated - a big CRT TV and the Internet was not as speedy (although not slow, just average)

Breakfast was the standard affair. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

My mom and I came to see my dad who is a trucker and stays here occasionally. We did not look forward to spending the night in what we automatically pre-classified as a dump, but our stay was spectacular! They have comfortable beds, large rooms, good prices, and a wonderful indoor pool and jacuzzi with a large porch area, good for sunny days. They also had a nice dry sauna, a first for a Super 8! We wished we could stay longer and found the staff nicer and more attentive than any other Mariott and Hyatt we have stayed at before. Very close to Old Eureka and just down the street from the Lost Coast Brewery, an excellent, mid-priced, restaurant. Also very close to a Denny's. Very nice morning continental breakfast however.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is the same floor as pool. Handicap rooms, if available, are larger but do have a handica...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family