“Love this restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Fortuna, California
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Like to eat there, low key, excellent food. Cannot say enough out the place. Recommend it to all. Sandwiches are really good.

Visited November 2012

Humboldt, California, United States
“Weird taste- fake sugar maybe?”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I don't know what it is but, to me, all of Ramone's baked goods taste off in some way. I've purchased multiple items through them for my work place- cheesecakes, german chocolate cakes, peanut butter tarts, fourless chocolate cakes... And they all taste weird- like they use fake sugar or something in them, on top of everything being ridiculously sweet (like I can only eat a few bites sweet)... I try to avoid their baked goods at all costs....

Visited September 2012
Medford, Oregon
“Some of the best pastries in Humboldt!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This place is a tradition in the making. Sunday morning pastries. They have a great selection and they are fresh! The corn meal berry scones are killer and the bear claws are dangerously addictive. As for lunch and dinner I have had both and they tend to be a little to artsy with there menu sometimes. The food is good but not great. I would recommend Ramon's to my family but mainly for the pastries.

San Francisco
“Good Cake for Wedding”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I live in SF, decided to have my wedding in Eureka. My friend recommended Ramones for catering and wedding cake.

My desire for the outdoor reception was to have "great cake", so we set out to make this happen. When I met with the owner, she suggested a cake tasting. I thought this a great idea, and due to the $16 cost of the tasting, I invited a few friends. We tried the carrot, chocolate (I knew I wanted chocolate), red velvet and pink champagne. All the combinations with the chocolate cake I loved. I decided 2 layers would have whipped cream and fresh strawberry filling, and 2 layers with the raspberry mousse.

My guests were particularly complimentary of the wedding, a beautiful sunny, outdoor country day. But the specifics were about the cake. Delicious, yummy, chocolate-yyy. The cream cheese frosting was an incredible compliment to the chocolate cake. I cannot wait a whole year for eating the traditional top tier. I have already made plans to return to eureka for our anniversary, so I can order a fresh cake to go with our anniversay cake.

Additionally, I provided flowers to adorn the wedding cake and the design created was beautiful and beyond my expectations.

• Visited August 2012
Northern California
“Perfect spot for coffee and delicious treats”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

In Eureka, Ramone's is a must for me! The coffee is strong and bold and a splash of cream makes it just perfect. Every baked good I've ever had was delicious but my favorite are the cornmeal and berry scones. Heavenly! The staff is friendly and helpful, making suggestions when it's just so hard to pick out a treat from the many delicious offerings! Nice cafe, busy with locals and visitors in a warm environment.

• Visited August 2012