“Call first if you have a favorite thing you like”

Bayfront Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 186 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It was formerly the Ritz Teppanyaki and Cin Cin. You may find an article about it at: http://eurekamainstreet.org/node/537 and http://www.times-standard.com/ci_14092611?source=most_viewed
Eureka, California
“Call first if you have a favorite thing you like”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

There are some favorites I have that remind me of my childhood, but I call first to make sure they don't run out. I went one night and they were out of the thing I wanted and I make the mistake of ordering the tempura vegetables that were too oily. Tempura is not supposed to be oily all over the paper. People really seem to enjoy the sushi here too, but I am not eating sushi these days. The view is lovely as well.

Visited July 2012

Lindsborg, Kansas
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The only thing great about this place was its view of the Humboldt Bay. Our greeter gave us a nice table by the window, as requested. Our server, which we found out later was the owner, left a lot to be desired! She was not personable at all, didn't explain the dishes we had questions about and never checked on us.
Sushi sampler was good - the BF ate it all! I ordered the Teriayki Chicken - it tasted like fish and there were at least 3 chicken breasts, a little white rice and nothing else.
Overall, I was pretty dissatisfied. If it weren't for the wonderful carriage ride we took around downtown first, the night would have been wasted.

• Visited July 2012
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Good Teppanyaki Restaurant in Eureka”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Took our son here for his birthday, because Japanese food is one of his favorites. He loved the teppanyaki style steak and seafood. Great presentation and service. A really fun place to enjoy a special meal with friends or family. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
“good location, good food,good price”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Eureka is not a very busy city and it is hard to find a good restaurant. my son and I drove/walked along few streets and finally decided to patronize this restaurant and it was really good. Italian and Japanese food are available. the view from the restaurant was very good as it is near the bay and the interior ambiance too was good. There were 2 chefs making Japanese food for customers as well. but you need a prior reservation for that.

The food was good & the price was reasonable

• Visited July 2012
Huntington, New York
“Eclectic.......”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

While traveling back from the Redwood Forests to San Francisco, we had a hard time finding a restaurant in some of the small towns we drove through. We finally decided to stop in Eureka and of course, consulted Trip Advisor. We chose to eat at the Bayfront and were glad that we did. The restaurant was situated on the bay and we got there at 2:00, just in time for lunch.
We had a table right near the water and the service was prompt. Our waitress (I think her name was Carrie) was absolutely wonderful. She answered our questions about the menu, as well as about the artwork on the walls. I ordered a steak and she stayed at the table to make sure it was cooked correctly. It was a little overdone, but I hate to complain. She insisted that if it wasn’t done right, she would bring it back and have the chef prepare another one. We love sushi and in New York, we have a few places that we love. However, while eating here, we discovered that here, the California roll, which we enjoy, doesn’t use imitation crab. Instead they use bay shrimp. We were skeptical at first, but decided to try it on Carrie’s advice. It was delicious. The only problem now, is that we won’t enjoy California roll in New York anymore.

• Visited June 2012