“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Delta, Canada
“Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We recently took a trip to Disneyland and all points tourist and stayed at many different hotels/motels along the way. Initially we had gone past this gem on the way to the Motel 6 a couple of blocks down the road, but we quickly decided to find another place to stay when we found the rooms and staff there were extremely rude. We checked out this little motel due to the rates and stayed because of the staff and the room. Although the motel itself is a little dated, it is obvious that the staff do care about the rooms and the cleanliness in particular. The room was suitable for two adults and a child who needed a room for the night but also offered little conveniences like fridge and microwave as well as coffee maker and supplies to get you going early in the morning. After staying in some rather shoddy Motel 6's along the way, this room was better than all but one other hotel we had stayed in along our travels. I would recommend this property if you are looking for overnight stay and or if you are working in the city and want affordable accommodations. As a former Administrative Assistant for a major construction company, I know how important accommodations are to those people who work out of town. As a disabled person, I appreciated the ground floor room and the walk in shower. Sure there are other, newer and expensive hotel rooms around, but when you are looking for somewhere comfortable and affordable to sleep a few hours, this motel is a good option. Thank you to the lady who helped us out late at night and complimented my husband. He is a really good man. Thanks again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a roomin the back part of the motel and it was quiet from street noise and ground level...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is nasty. Staff are rude and are never to be found until someone comes in and waits five minutes.Staff, bedspreads, and everything is of low quality and imported from China. The staff don't care who they rent a room to, as long as they get that money. No changing rooms. The building behind the main motel seems like a hiding spot for illegal immigrants from China that have been sponsored until they find a job. So, the hotel is literally just a 'front' to cover up their illegal immigration activities. Not safe at night, and the other hotels right around it are even scarier. DON'T leave anything in your car of value.

Room Tip: Stay near the Arcata/Eureka Airport for the only clean and quality rooms within 50 miles.
2 Thank struct84

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Lafayette, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

When staying at a budget motel, you must have realistic expectations. I did. For $56 a night, I wasn't expecting the Hilton. However, the mattress was about 20 years old (or possibly older), there were cracks in the fixtures in the bathroom, one light didn't work (no biggie), there were several holes in the bed spread and the shower head was broken so it sprayed all over the bathroom and my towels. Yippee! ;-) Or...not so much.

What was good about it was...the room locked, I didn't find it noisy, I didn't see any creepy people hanging around outside, the bed - though old - was quite comfortable, it had a fridge and a microwave and it was clean.

If you're really going for cheap, this is the place for you. It does the job. However, I will pay $10 extra next time and stay at another place.

2 Thank Andrea W
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

So, I rolled into town and passed town before I found this place. It was okay, but was sad that the bathroom didn't have any outlets and there was no a/c. I didn't feel particularly safe with the group of 20-something men (they didn't look like workers or guys on a motorcycle trip) outside drinking/sounding drunk and so I closed all the windows and tried to sleep with the stuffiness and heat.
The staff was nice when I checked in, but was also sad to see that they were advertising a rate $15 cheaper than I had paid online 2days earlier.

1 Thank amy m
Benicia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here twice within a week while on a motorcycle trip. The staff was very friendly and accommodating ( I wanted a ground level for unloading the bike). They remembered me on my return trip. There were at least 7 other bikers staying there. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean, and everything worked. A great value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice before last time was marginal but seeing as we wanted one night in Ferndale and one in eureka the budget called for this place. Found beer bottles caps in room smelled strong of a cleaner when we arrived carpet spotty had a king room which we did not know was in the back downstairs kids upstairs jumped on bed all morning people loud parking areas back there is loud and doesn't feel safe. We won't stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was traveling with my family from the Bay Area to Portland and decided to stay in Eureka for the night. I checked out motel 6 and discovery before committing to stay in discovery. Their rooms and neater and cleaner. I would recommend discovery to anyone who is at a budget and looking for an affordable and clean place to stay for the night.

Room Tip: They have rooms in the back, which are further off the road; hence, a lot quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family