“Done here” 3 of 5 bubbles

Discovery Inn
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
“Done here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice before last time was marginal but seeing as we wanted one night in Ferndale and one in eureka the budget called for this place. Found beer bottles caps in room smelled strong of a cleaner when we arrived carpet spotty had a king room which we did not know was in the back downstairs kids upstairs jumped on bed all morning people loud parking areas back there is loud and doesn't feel safe. We won't stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was traveling with my family from the Bay Area to Portland and decided to stay in Eureka for the night. I checked out motel 6 and discovery before committing to stay in discovery. Their rooms and neater and cleaner. I would recommend discovery to anyone who is at a budget and looking for an affordable and clean place to stay for the night.

Room Tip: They have rooms in the back, which are further off the road; hence, a lot quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Brandon R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the motel 6 down the street for the same price, but this place is far nicer. The room is small but charming. The staff is kind. Great value for the price I will be staying here during future trips.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Muje
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel staff and owners were rude and unpleasant.when we discovered a dirty room with one bed and two were requested they refused to give us a new room.we requested a refund and they replied" even calling police won't get you a refund".Stay anywhere in Eureka but don't stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank DonJuan428

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Needed a decent and cheap place for the night. Guy at the front desk was not friendly, gave me the creeps. He gave me the room right next to the office which gave me a weird feeling. Very old/dated. Pretty clean, quiet. Probaby wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was a last minute booking based on affordability and wanting free wifi, breakfast, fridge, microwave and pool. The price was so low that my expectations were also minimal. Happily I was more than satisfied on every level and the breakfast was better still. The 'average' marks in the categories above are I think fair but are positive not negative comments. I do think my kids and I got exceptional value. The breakfast had a good selection including eggs, sausage and a waffle machine. There was a pleasant lady making sure we had what we needed. My kids enjoyed the hot tub and pool. I visited the fitness room but found that most of the equipment was incomplete and so unuseable. I would not hesitate to use this Inn again for a one or two night stay

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank midgejam
Sparks, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was over charged my nights stay. an charged an extra nite which I never booked an they will not refund. I arrived an told the front desk my name the guy looked very puzzled but booked me for my nights stay. I booked 1 nights stay with booking.com the same day I was gonna arrive.They also screwed up an put the wrong date so I was there charged for an extra night. If by chance I booked it wrong the guy at the front desk should have told me I didnt have a reservation for that night. But he didnt an they charged me again with out asking me. The manager was told about as well an didnt do a thing about it. The rooms are old an smelly as well i WOULD HAVE NEVER STAYED ANOTHER NIGHT. Terrible, dont use booking .com or stay at this motel. They had no customers so thats why they probaly charged me cause they need the money!! Lynne Davidson

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo