“Best lunch place ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Nooner

Cafe Nooner
Ranked #13 of 184 Restaurants in Eureka
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Featured on Food Network's top rated show Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives with celebrity Chef, Guy Fieri March, 7, 2014, it's nestled in historic Opera Alley in Old Town Eureka. Our menu currently supports 17 Humboldt County vendors and 6 more in neighboring regional Counties. This location offers outdoor seating, weather permitting, and is FIDO friendly (outdoors only and leashes please!). Voted the BEST LUNCH place in Humboldt County 2012 by the North Coast Journal Readers Poll, guests are treated to as one fan put it "Gourmet food at blue-collar prices." Open SUN-WED 11am to 4pm; THURS-SAT 11am-8pm and til' 9pm during Arts Alive! Also serving local beers and wines!
Dinsmore, Ca
“Best lunch place ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

Not the usual lunch fare, with kabobs & flatbread sandwiches, yet has stupendous burgers as well. More than you expect in quantity & quality for the economical price. Tucked away in Opera Alley. Love it!

Visited December 2011

“A must try in Humboldt.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I read some yelp reviews and was trying to decide between Cafe Nooner and another place. The other place I'd have to drive to and nooner's I could walk to plus the reviews were better. So, after a stroll downtown I landed myself a seat in the cafe. First of all, when you walk upon the corner of the alley you can smell the food and it just lures you in. The place was pretty clean and I thought it was really cute. I was greeted and sat immediately. I ordered tater fries...I wouldn't again because $4 is a bit overboard for some fries with salt on em (I know the menu gave an exact description; I was just hoping for better!!) and a Bleu Noon Po-Boy which should not be ordered by someone who dislikes STRONG blue cheese. I heard one of the people in this establishment could be from Louisiana...and I'm a born and raised Louisianian so I had high hopes for some flavor in their food. The housemade BBQ sauce was great. Portions were decent, way more then I could eat alone. It tasted good for what it was, service was decent (she was attentive but not over-bearing), and I would go back with friends if I return to the area. My ticket was just around $15 (not including the tip), which I consider pricey for 1 at lunch time, but I was pleased with my experience.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Food Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

We are a family of 5 and were looking for something tasty and interesting. Cafe Nooner was great friendly service and well cooked good value food .

Eureka, California
“small place Big flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

This place has a strange combination of food types but it works. It's a combo of Cajun meets Greek. I really liked the Greek chicken sandwich and the appeitizer plate of hummus, muffalata , fresh made pita, and great feta cheese fries. Very Friendly and helpful wait staff.