“Good fine ”

Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: To just call Brick & Fire Bistro an Italian restaurant wouldn't quite describe it. The space is focused on our wood-fired brick oven - the 'cornerstone' of the kitchen. In it we do everything from bake breads & pizzas, roast lamb shanks & pork chops, and bake ziti and polenta lasagna! We have a wine list offering more than 25 wines by the glass, local beers on tap by Redwood Curtain Brewing, and comfortable, professional servers top off your experience. We love serving the food we love.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good fine ”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Good find - very relaxing - lots of flavor
Try the mushroom truffle casserole
The bruschetta was over the top.
Call for reservation very small place limited seating.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Good food and service. A bit difficult to find, but had a good dining experience. One of the better reastaurants in Eureka.

Eureka, California
“Worth the stop.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lunch or dinner, Brick & Fire Bistro is a consistent place for good food and some inventive dishes.
The mushroom torte is a great speciality appetizer. I have tasted nothing like it before coming here. This is one of my favorite restaurants and eat there a dozen or so times a year. The soups have always pleased me. The pizza's are top notch (I have eaten pizza several times in Italy and San Francisco) and they are cooked in a brick wood-fired oven, as is the torte and a few other dishes The beer selection is fine with a number of local brews and wine selection, while not huge, has some interesting wines, mostly Calfornia, labels and varietals. It is noisy when busy. It is small and not really a good place for large parties. But if you are passing through make it a point to stop.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jake W
Eureka, California
“Slipping a bit”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been a fan of Brick and Fire for a while now but note a downward trend that is troubling for a place I used to recommend to everyone. Our last visit will serve as an example. We arrived after the lunch rush and noted a window table. We asked for that table and were told, "Well, I suppose you could sit there." Strike one. It was obviously not reserved, which I would have understood our request being turned down. Then our waiter had his pants so low that were his shirt not tucked in, we would have been treated to butt crack or underwear. Come on! This is a nice place, or at least should be for the high prices. Strike two. Next when my salad was presented my wife was told that the soup she ordered was not available. Mind you, we had been sitting for at least half an hour. So my food was there and the soup that now was available was not the kind my wife likes. So she had to wait for something else while I ate alone. When I finished, I ordered coffee to have something to join my wife while she ate. I asked for cream and the waiter with the low pants said,"I will see if I can find some." He came back 5 minutes later (the walk to the area of storage is a good 20 feet away) and asked if whole milk would do. Odd, I thought, next door to the cafe is a grocery store. Why not walk there and get what the customer needs? A couple strikes past three. I also noted a lot of talk between the help when customers needed items. I sincerely hope that the owners take some time to be in the business setting and get the ship righted. This has been one of my favorite spots where I have spent a lot of money. One more try and then on to somewhere else for lunch. Lots of choices in Eureka...

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Northsurfer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Haven't said that without sarcasm in a while. Just had a great lunch. 12:00 seating was no problem. Calamari appetizer was fresh and delicious , fried capers, who would have thought. Caesar salad was great, loved the fried egg. The pizza was as good as the reviews said, fresh tomato flavors and perfect slightly scorched crust. Will defiantly be back for dinner.