“Best Sushi- hands down!”

kyoto japanese Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 184 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: look on yelp or the phone book, it is the best restaurant in the area, I am surprised it is not listed here
Humboldt, California, United States
“Best Sushi- hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The most amazing & fresh sushi the Eureka area has to offer! Plenty of daily specials in addition to the regular menu. It used to be a tiny space but they have recently expanded their dining room into a space next door as well. Still, this place is popular so if there's more than 2 of you call ahead!
Ask about the Super Happy Funtime Roll!!

“Worst experience in a restaurant ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

It took 20 mins to seat us when there were three free tables. The floor under our table was covered in old food. Our waiter didn't seem like he should have ever received, let alone maintained a job as a waiter. Our main course took 90 mins to show up. The waiter took 60 mins to realize that anything was wrong. Clearly he forgot to place the order. When he realized, he tried to make up for it without acknowledging it by giving us cold miso soup. I don't like miso soup. 20 mins later he offered us a free roll that we had just heard the table next to us reject because they changed the ingredients of one of their rolls and tried to serve raw fish to a pregnant lady. That actually tasted pretty good, but still... Finally the meal we ordered shows up after 90 or so minutes. My main course was missing. It was still on the bill when it showed up. The whole time our water glasses were empty and our table was dirty with dishes that hadn't been cleared.

My girlfriend liked the food. I thought it was average. But that took the back burner to the atrocious service we received. Not only will we neve be back, but I will go out if my way to tell everyone I meet never to go there.

“Best sushi in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Really good japanese food. Check out the specials board - always something interesting. They use fresh, local ingredients. I had tempura fiddlehead ferns as an appetizer. Awesome! Non-sushi eaters (like my husband) enjoy the entrees. Beware - the dinner combinations are huge - include miso soup, fuji salad (sort of like a Waldorf salad), rice, a fried mashed potato/veggie cake that I love, plus your entree. It is a lot of food, you really get your money's worth.

Visited May 2012
Baltimore
“Really good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My favorite was the dynamite roll. There's something about the tempura yam that is really tasty. All the rolls I tried were good, vege pot stickers were yummy and so was the Kimchi. Everyone in our group liked their food. The only complaint we had was that they brought everything out at once, we didn't get appetizers first before our rolls came out.

Visited August 2012
“Excellent sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were really surprised at the quality of the food at this place. Being frequent patrons of sushi and asian fusion restaurants we were willing to settle for good. Instead, we got great! The red and green rolls were exquisite, the teryiaki was sublime and the oyster shooters were "sick" ( my teenage daughter's description). Very friendly staff and a bill that didn't make this Dad hyperventilate. Nice.

Visited August 2012