“Very Good Fresh Mexican Fare”
Review of Pachanga Mexicana

Pachanga Mexicana
Ranked #52 of 192 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I like all their Mexican fare. Everything is prepared fresh and it taste like it. Love the Enchiladas. I like the spinach/potato/cheese ones.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This had to be the worst, bland tasting "Mexican" food I have ever experienced. I ordered some kind of super burrito for almost 10 bucks (this is at lunch time), and that is all I got. The tortilla was somewhat burnt and the fixings were as bland as eating paper. I ordered chicken as the meat and it was cold. Just rotten food, The chips that they give you were of the flower kind and they were horrible. Might have as well eaten the table cloth, it would have been more flavorful

Service was not great. the lady never came back to see it things were okay. We told her we had a coupon and she did not bother to take it before ringing up the bill. That made her somewhat disgusted. She actually had to work a little since the place was not busy to reissue the check. I sure see why it was empty. food is horrible (three of us in the party), which we all agreed that it stunk..

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was probably the Worst Mexican food I have ever eaten. Starting with the tortilla chips that were made with flour tortillas and tasted like cardboard. There did not seem to be any spice used in anything. The only chilis I saw were in a poster on the wall. Chicken in the burrito was cold and the tortilla was burned. Refried beans were runny and the rice had no flavor. Waitress never returned after bringing our food until she brought the check. It was also over priced. I will never go back.

1  Thank leha
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having cut back on eating out of late it was a pleasure to dine with our guests at Pachanga again. Let's start with that margarita. Pachanga uses only natural ingredients in all of their offerings and features seasonal margaritas. At our adorable server's suggestion I went for the double (it was a long day) and just had to laugh out loud when my delicious, fresh, peachy cocktail arrived in what had to have been a centerpiece glass fruit bowl at one time. Oh yeah, I finished it - no problem. Thanks for the straw.
We started with guacamole for the table and devoured that.
I had a chicken sope which was, like all the food at Pachanga, fresh, healthy and well seasoned. This is not a drippy cheese, smell like you've been deep fried kind of restaurant and doesn't aspire to be. What it is is awesome.
My husband had carnitas and I didn't hear from him for the entire 20 minutes it took for him to mow that plate down with his fresh tortillas of which I was jealous of. Across the table my sis had a chicken enchilada dinner while bro in law went for the taco salad. What I love is that there were real greens on both dishes - not just the standard iceberg shred. We finished our plates but didn't feel bloated or ready for a nap. After lifting my face out of my swimming pool I stumbled to the door, and the fresh, cool Humbolt air slapped me gently and sent me on my way with a slight, if not refreshing, buzz.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Run by a wonderful family, including abuelita, 11 year old Veronica, and Belum, this is the best Mexican in Humboldt County. We are locals who come here often for lunch or dinner, loving the fresh chili rellenos, the fresh, local produce, vegetarian options, fajitas and much much more. Our family, ages 5 to 96, and friends all have their favorites! To me, Pachanga is a great place to stop on your way to Redwood National Park, right on Hwy 101 North, on the way out of town. The service is outstanding!!!!! Prompt, personalized, friendly.