“Worst Sizzler I have ever been to”
Review of Sizzler

Sizzler
Ranked #103 of 192 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: American
Description: Sizzler is home to U.S.D.A Choice hand-cut steaks, seafood, including fresh, sustainable Salmon, all complimented by our Unlimited Craft Salad Bar.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

There were two of us and we both ordered the Ultimate Value steak and salad bar. I'm pretty easy to please, but my steak looked like it had been boiled, then cooked. Beef is supposed to be brown, not white. It was so tough, I ate 1/4 of it and gave up. My daughter's steak had a 1/4 inch tendon running through it. It was impossible to eat more than a quarter of that one, either. Neither tasted remotely like beef. When neither of us ate very much of the "steak", the waitress said nothing, did not ask if there were anything wrong with it, and avoided us for the rest of the time we were there. This is also the only Sizzler I have been to in the past month that did not have a "How are we doing?" card given at the end of the meal. I guess they knew the answer to that.

The salad bar: Lettuce was fresh and crisp. The shredded carrots were good. Everything else tasted like it was old. The garbanzo beans were hard, the chopped eggs chewy, the spanish rice was dry, and most of the ice cream toppings were from Christmas. Yes, there was red and green candy corn, green gummy Christmas trees, and green cookies. The "hot fudge" was a thick gloppy mess. Granted, there were buttercream icing cupcakes that were good if you were looking for your sugar rush.

Restaurant is also very run down looking. I will never eat here again, and if you do, don't gauge the rest of the Sizzlers by this one. No one seems to care at this Sizzler.

1  Thank Ghostwheel

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A sizzler for sure but yes it is getting a little worn down and could use a facelift. Food always pretty good and salad bar is well maintained and very clean. I like the staff. They are very nice. I have only had one male server who was rude but this was a while ago.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

says it all because Red Lion sucks and this Sizzler is likewise in quality. Transients outside. Grease on the front door. Service person had a terse "are you ready yet" as a greeeting? The brown tray common to all Sizzlers was worn to light brown in the center so I knew at that point, after I payed, that it would not be good. Corn on the floor. No chives. Tried salad bar onions but they had gone bad. Issued bowls had greasy film. Maybe their diswasher wasn't working. Salad bar dressing tankards unlabled so you have to taste first which is a real hassle. Steak was leathery. But the real kicker: No garlic toast or even a roll.

Sizzlers are always hit or miss and this one is the latter. Stay away!

1  Thank cageo2207
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay at the Red Lion, walk across the street for dinner. You can choose a salad bar or do as I did and get a half rack of ribs. You know my eyes are bigger than my stomach but what the heck, I took the rest back with me to the hotel. Ask the Hotel for a mini fridge and microwave and there you go lunch tomorrow.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Did not like their food nor the restaurant. Friends of mine love it, I don't. Different tastes for different folks..