College Cove is an amazing beach as you can tell in the pictures. You can walk along the beach and see little waterfalls and watch the surf roll in. This beach is nice because there is shade to protect you from the sun and logs to sit on. College Cove is really protected from the wind and big surf. Many local surfers go here when the swell is really big to surf some mellow sets. I felt like I was in Hawaii when I sunbathed here and listened to birds singing. There is a bit of a hike down which is more difficult going back up. My mom did fine and she is healthy and in her early 60's. Just take it slow because it is a bit steep.
Getting to College Cove Beach:
* From Eureka, take US 101 north
* Take the turnoff for Trinidad and go toward the ocean on Main Street
* Where the road curves leftward, turn right onto Stage Coach Road
* Go past the entrance to Trinidad State Beach, 0.7 miles total
* Turn left where you see a small sign (that says College Cove) at the entrance to a dirt parking lot
The trail starts at the north end of the parking lot. (This trail is a nice walk if you keep going straight, it is very flat and has nice lookouts) Just a little ways on this trail and you will see a path to your left going down towards the beach. The path has steps to make it easier but it still is a little challenging.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.