we had a wonderful stay in kalamitsi, in this peaceful detached house.... near the beach but in the middle of olive groves... spotless clean and extremely well equipped, we really had a peaceful and relaxing stay, longing to go back home in the evenings
- the house is fully equipped to prevent any insect to get in
- at some point of the day, shepherd with sheep and goats comes by, giving an incredible farmlike atmosphere
- large BBQ area in front of the property
- very quiet
- small supermarket and beach are within 5 minutes’s walk
- the beach is nice but also other very nice beaches are close by (15 minutes’ drive, such as tigania)
- larger supermarkets are in sikia and sarti
- sarti has the largest beach in the area, full of restaurants for an evening stroll
not good you you if:
- you expect nightlife like in Mikonos
- you do not like to walk or drive
- you expect to be in the countryside wih no insects around
- you are looking for fancy restaurants and lounge bars nearby (go to Kassandra!)
- you do not like staircases (house is on three levels)
thanks to the owners mr costas and mrs vicky!
This place is at least a 5 minute walk from the beach making it the furthest accommodation in Kalamitsi. Don't let the 3 floors fool you, the place has awkwardly configured making it uncomfortable to be all in the same living area. Some ceilings are too low for adults and slanted. I would not recommend any child under 5 to stay in the top floor.
On the upside, it's impeccably clean, all cooking utensils were brand new. A great big front yard with kids equipment that the kids loved and a great BBQ area. Kalamitsi beach is the best in chalkidiki.