“Slow Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bob's Ranch House

Bob's Ranch House
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Etna
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brea, CA
“Slow Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

I love the food! Service was waaaaaay slow but it was worth it.

Livermore, CA
“My Standard for Service Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2007

A trip to the Scott Valley or Etna would not be complete without a visit to Bob's Ranch House. The only full service restaurant in the area, Bob opens for breakfast at 6am and closes after dinner at 10pm...7 days a week. While serving as the high school superintendent in the Scott Valley area, I had the opportunity to visit Bob's on many occasions. Bob and Linda are consistently cheerful and amiable when greeting locals and visitors. I find that whenever I visit a restaurant or cafe now, I inevitably compare the service with the service that I observed at Bob's on a regular basis. Ice water and coffee are served immediately, even if the restaurant is full. It is not uncommon for regular customers to find the coffee poured and ready BEFORE they sit down! Orders are taken immediately and food is prepared and delivered swiftly...even if you are a party of 40 in the adjoining meeting room. There is never a wait at Bob's and the food is consistently good. One must make a real effort to get more than half of your coffee consumed before the cup is refilled! I would be remiss if I did not mention that Bob prepares homemade pies from scratch 3 mornings per week. I am talking about pies with light, flakey crusts that are rarely encountered!
If you are in Etna, be sure to visit Bob's for exceptional service, good food, and a chance for some memorable conversation with the unique, colorful, local characters who are regular customers!

3 Thank Supt-Retired