“a local spot”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

it was ok- service slow, and confused- food was ok, but it seemed that they just did not have the kitchen/service down- we went soon after they moved to the new location, so perhaps it has improved

There are newer reviews for Cocina Del Charro

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have always found the service to be friendly and the food to be tasty. Salsa and warm chips are brought to the table quickly and beverages are refilled as needed. Also--They cheerfully substituted a small salad for rice and beans on my combo plate. No complaints here!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

For years, this place used to be the best Mexican food in Escondido. I've brought clients, visitors, and my own family to this place over the years and have had really good food. But in 2 recent visits the food is not as good, the service is surprisingly bad, and I am stunned.

The enchiladas suiza I ordered were brought to me cold, because the waitress disappeared and when I sent them back, you would have thought I had insulted her entire family. She actually appeared snotty about it. She was tipped accordingly.

The food has gone from being exceptional to just so-so. Bottom line:there are better places to spend your money in Escondido. As I eat out almost every night, I am pretty attuned to what places are consistently good, and this place is off my list. Better choices for Mexican include Mi Guadalajara, Hacienda de la Vega, and El Nopal to name just 3 that come to mind. Also much better service.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We took a chance on this Mexican restaurant, having no recommendations, but we were pleasantly surprised with a good meal. The warm chips and salsa were delicious and the food was generous, cheesy, flavorful and satisfying.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved the ceviche! and service is always fast and friendly. family owned and dedicated to serving delicious food and hearty portions! warm chips and fresh salsa at every table!

1  Thank ccognac

Been to Cocina Del Charro? Share your experiences!