“Beautiful Mountain resort”

Welk Resort San Diego
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The welks resort was located on a beautiful golf course. While the grounds themselves were nice the rooms needed some renovations along with the TV & appliances. Also NO REAL activities to do. They do have 5 pools one at each complex but the need to put a bar/munchie and some music in place. In other words you can't get a piña colada or nachos while relaxing by the pool to music.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank dorts0522
Hutch F, Director of Consumer Affairs at Welk Resort San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Dorts0522,
I am glad to see you enjoyed the beauty of our resort. We are continually upgrading our accommodations here at Welk Resort. We are in the process of upgrading the older villas. Thank you for staying here at the Welk Resort and taking the time to post a review. We look forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hello,

I stayed at ths resort while visiting my son and I must say I loved it. I had a 2bedrrom/2bath patio it was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone. The scenary was good as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Bree40,
I appreciate the wonderful review and the feedback from your visit with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Welk Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your recommendation. We look forward to having you vacation with us again

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very nice property, a little off the beaten path but lots to do. They have to many activities to keep everyone entertained. I do wish the water slide would remain open later. They even had a movie playing poolside.

Room Tip: The kitchen is very roomy and complete with everything needed to prepare your own meals.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Highland1,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and the highlights and details provided on the resort. It is great to hear you enjoyed your vacation here at Welk Resort. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed at the Welk Resort May 17th-25th, it was a time share exchange, I read many reviews and was pleasantly surprised, it was a great visit. We had a 2 bedroom unit for two couples. Should have requested 2 king beds, One of the two bedrooms had 2 double beds. Unit 293. The condo was very spacious and bathrooms and kitchen beautiful. The grounds and pools all lovely. We visited downtown San Diego, the beach in Carlsbad, went to the Safari Park, shopping all very reasonable travel time from the resort. Many restaurants in Escondido and San Marcos to dine. Our children live in the area and came to visit with the Grandchildren and loved the pools and fishing pond. Golf was very affordable. Checking in was a breeze and no pressure to do a timeshare presentation. We will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travellady2003

Dear Travellady2003,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and the highlights and details provided on our resort villas and features. It is great to hear you enjoyed your exchange visit and our resort amenities here at Welk Resort. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to you visiting us again when you come out to see your family.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just left the hotel with my family after a 2 night stay.
I just didn't like a few things about this hotel:
The wii-fi it's very slow not really worth using it.
Walls separating rooms paper thin.
Housekeeping every 3 days.
No re stock of toiletries, towels, coffee.
Nearest restaurant (other than the hotel's, closes at 2100) or gas station more than 5 miles away
I would prefer 2 queen beds instead of a king and a sofa bed
Pool area kind of dirty, small kids in the jacuzzi.
Things we liked:
Restaurant has very good food, would like to see the Buffett extended to more days
Workers very helpful from the front desk to the maids.

Room Tip: Great hotel for golfer and couples.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MarkE0668
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We took our family vacation here at the Welks and what a great time we had!! We had a 2 bdrm resort villa in Harmony Hill and could not have been happier! The rooms were awesome and so was the view. There were 6 of us total and we stayed comfortably. The kitchen was a great money savor and there was something for all ages all day long! The staff was always helpful and welcoming. I loved the grounds and the walks to and from activities. The night under the lights was a great all around evening for both my mom and my little ones. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading reviews but we would love to stay here again! Theres a great farmers market just down the road called Garden of Eden. I highly recommend it for organic produce and veggies! Some of the activities were not filled up ( i had my 5 year old signed up for the slumber party) and they had to cancel. After a very upset 5 year old cried they rescheduled and charged only half price for the mix up. She was the only child there but that didn't stop the girl from making sure my daughter had a great time. Only weird thing was we had ants coming out of the water spout in the master bathroom. Other than that the stay was excellent!!

Stayed: May 2014
Hutch F, Director of Consumer Affairs at Welk Resort San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Stephanie M,
It is great to hear your family enjoyed their vacation here at the Welk Resort. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and the highlights and details provided on the resort activities and features. It sounds like your family really took advantage of all of our resort amenities and activities. Thank you for the highlights and feedback from your stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was our first time staying at The Welk Resort and I had been reading Trip Advisor reviews for months! I must say I wish I wouldn't have taken so many of the review to heart and I now realize that not every opinion matches my own. My husband and I had a 2 bedroom unit and it was just us, no kids. Lots of room!
We did take the time to call ahead and put a room location request on our reservation. We exchanged our home resort with Interval International and selected this resort due to some friend's wonderful comments about the property.
We arrived on a Saturday evening around 6pm. Check in was a bit slow but not that bad. We had 3 people in front of us and things moved along quickly. The check in staff was very friendly but the line was getting longer behind us so we were lucky to arrive when we did. I would suggest more check in staff at peak times.
I had read about the strong time share presentation push so I was prepared. We already have 2 time shares so have no interest in another one. We've seen way too many presentations so I was prepared to say NO and be strong. I passed on the presentation and that was that. No pressure after that point. I was relieved as that was mentioned in many peoples reviews as bothersome.
We had requested a nice view, 2nd floor, renovated unit. We were assigned Jubilee 212 and loved it! We were told only the baths and kitchen had been renovated which was fine with us. Our unit had a mountain, golf course and pond view plus it was an end unit!!! Everything was clean and worked well. Our beds were comfortable (which was another comments that I saw often).
We had awesome weather for our week which made it even nicer. We visited the pool but did not swim. The area was clean and tidy. We also went to the recreation room (even though we have no kids). I think if we had kids this would have been a wonderful asset.
We did not feel the nearest grocery store was a far drive as many people commented. We cut our week stay to 5 nights and headed down to San Diego to stay in a hotel, mostly due to people's remarks. I will never make that mistake again. My husband and I were sad to leave early and wished we could have stayed our full 7 days!

Room Tip: Jubilee 212 was awesome! The building has nice views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sara G,
Thank you for staying here at the Welk Resort and taking the time to post a review. I appreciate the highlights and comments on the quality and condition of our resort and villas. I am glad to see you felt you had a great exchange experience. Thank you for your excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort when you return to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Best Western Escondido Hotel
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Tuscany Hills Retreat
Tuscany Hills Retreat
#13 of 16 in Escondido

Been to Welk Resort San Diego? Share your experiences!