1,827 results
All reviewstime sharesan diegorec centercanyon grillpizza hut expressbedroom unitfull kitchentimeshare tourfarmers marketharmony hillmountain villawhelkstimeshare presentationair hockeyboulder springsparking passwasher and dryer
Reviewed March 22, 2014

To begin with, the scenery around you is beautiful. We had a villa in Harmony Hills that overlooked the golf course. Our balcony faced the west and it was quite warm while sitting outside in the afternoon.
We were right across the street from the rec complex which featured a pool area, hot tub, bbq area, outdoor fire pit. They show outdoor movies on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Our two bedroom villa was spacious - we had another couple join us mid week and there was plenty of room for the four of us. They had their own bathroom area. The open concept living room/kitchen was nicely decorated and functional. We did find the living room furniture to be firm but we got used to it. The kitchen was fully equipped and there was a washer/dryer.
We found the housekeeping staff to be very helpful. Anything we needed, they got it to us quickly. I found the rec centre staff to be very helpful as well. I was often at the hot tub first thing in the morning and they guys were always working away and were always courteous.
Our check in was ok - I didn't find the staff to be that helpful. I did go to get my parking pass and there was an invitation to attend the timeshare presentation but I said no. After that, the attitude was a bit cool. Oh well.
I would suggest that the staff make sure that each unit has information about the resort, the amenities and the check out process. Our unit had no information and very little was given to us at check in. We found this strange. Usually there is a booklet in each room. We had to find out for ourselves.
Overall, a beautiful resort in a great location. We enjoyed our time here very much.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maplegal30
Hutch F, Director of Consumer Affairs at Welk Resort San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear maplegal30,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to hear your family and friends enjoyed our on-site activities and amenities during your vacation here at Welk. I appreciate the highlights and feedback from your visit with us. We take great pride in our resort. Please be sure to visit us again when you return to the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We just stayed there last week .Everyone was so nice and the property too.the small ants were everywhere ,bed nightstand clothes, This was a big problem for us and then checked out early.When I checked into a Hotel the ants came out my bag and the women at the front desk said they don't supply them there. Not a good experience

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DrG12905

Dear DrG12905,
We apologize that your stay was less than perfect. We appreciate your letting us know some of the challenges you experienced during your stay. We have a very stringent pest inspection and treatment program throughout the year. Unfortunately there may still be challenges that arise on occasion. We are very sorry to have disappointed you, and would appreciate your considering a return to our resort to enjoy a more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is beautifully kept,grounds and units impeccable, plenty to do whether you want to go and relax , golf ,sit by the pool or bring your family. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly
if you find you need anything they are right there to help whether its to find a particular place you
want to visit or something you need for your room. It is a great location near so many different
places of interest to visit. We hope to get back there again soon.

Room Tip: didn't use the spa , depending on who you go with there are rooms on the golf course near the adult only pool or there are rooms near the childrens play area
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Maureen D,
Thank you for your delightful review. It is great to read that had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us here at the Welk Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to see you really enjoyed your stay. When you visit the area we look forward to you returning for another relaxing vacation.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is definitely a beautiful resort. Amazing pools and activity centers for the kids. Nice quiet Pools for adults who want to relax. Golf course is challenging and well maintained Our only negative is the timeshare scam. DO NOT BUY TIMESHARES WITH THIS RESORT. Once you are an owner you do not get treated any better. As a matter of fact because they have your money already....you're treated like yesterday's news and they move you to the basement Units so they can entice more victims to the scam of timeshare. We booked as owners and asked for a balcony room which we have stayed in before and were confirmed into until check in time ....then moved to a basement unit where there was easily a 20 degree temp difference. When we questioned it we were told that owner services bounced us out with no explanation. We tried to speak to owner services who would not return or answer our inquiries. If you look on hotels.com or expedia you can book a room easily .

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above ground. Mountain villas are the newest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 58CCA
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Welk Resort for a week and found the facilities and amenities first rate. Our two bedroom unit was spacious and comfortable with a fine view of the resort. The pool we used was clean with decent water temps, "not too hot and not too cold", and the hot tub was delightful. I did a lot of walking and toured the outer perimeter in the early morning pretty much all to myself and a few bunnies.
At the concierge desk when we arrived one of the attractions mentioned was the live theater so we asked if there was any way to get free tickets. As it turns out all we had to do was listen to a time share (they call them ownership plans) solicitation about the resort which would take no more than 90 minutes. We said yes.
Talk about the hard sell; there were so many presentations going on at the same time that it was hard to hear our non salesperson (she was just there to help the owner) talking. I was in sales for most of my life and this was the pushiest I have ever heard or hope to hear. After 90 minutes when we were finally given real cost figures one of the things I noticed was the 15% financing charge which I commented was sinful but was pleasantly told that the industry average was 20% so I suppose I should be grateful. I could go on and on but if you get anywhere near listening to this be sure and google Welk Resorts timeshares before, not after.
In short the resort was fine but the sales pitch tarnished our stay.

Room Tip: Some of the units are either new or have been renovated so if you have a choice try the most recent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank john w
Hutch F, Directo of Consumer Affairs at Welk Resort San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear John W,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and the highlights and details you provided on the resort location and features. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Welk Resort. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your sales tour experience. I hope you will choose to visit us again if you return to the area.