“Older Hotel. Very clean.”

BEST WESTERN Escondido Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Henderson, NV
“Older Hotel. Very clean.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights so we could visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It's a very convienient location right off the 15 and an easy 8 or so miles from the Safari Park. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Check in was easy and parking was never a problem.
The hotel is pretty old and could use an update, but was clean. Everytime we were in and out we saw someone cleaning and/or vacuuming.
Our room was a 2 bedroom suite with a king bed and a pull out couch bed. Everything was clean and smelled nice. There were 2 TVs, one in each room. They were both old tube style TV's. the reception and picture was good and they have a nice variety of channels. The WiFi was FREE and Fast with full bars 100% of the time. Room service did a great job.
We used the jacuzzi 2 nights and it was great
We ate at the free breakfast both mornings and loved it. Do it yourself, fresh waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice and more. Someone was always there to keep it stocked and clean.
Overall a great experience for part of our spring break.

• Stayed March 2013
BW Escondido H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Escondido Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the comprehensive review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. We are working diligently to keep our hotel clean and inviting, and we are happy to hear that our hard work is noticed by you. Come back and visit us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in Escondido on Valentine's Day on business so I decided to stay here at The Best Western. This is a nice hotel with a cozy feel. It is freeway close and near major stores and fast food restaurants, but it feels tucked away. The hotel itself is beautiful and next door to an RV park and across the street from a Shell Station. Inside the hotel, you walk into a beautiful Spanish style foyer and the front desk is right in front with plenty of parking. Once I checked in, I parked right up front, came inside and walked straight to the inside elevator where I went straight to my room. The hotel doesn't have long hallways, so it feels like all the rooms are elevator close and the elevator is pushed back into an alcove so it is nice and quietly tucked away from the rooms. I stayed in a corner room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and it was beautiful. My room came with a refrigerator and a microwave, which is just fantastic, especially since I didn't know that coming in. While in town I visited a great Italian pizza grotto, so of course bring back my leftovers, the refrigerator was perfect. The front desk clerks were very nice and the gal setting up the breakfast in the morning was eager to come bring me a tray and was just as pleasant as they come. I think the staff here is top notch, I really hope their management knows this. As far as the complimentary breakfast is concerned, it was nice. They offered coffee, juice, cold cereal and milk, hot waffles, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, pastries, muffins, yogurt and I think I even saw some fruit. It was a nice spread, and there is a roomy eating space with newspapers and the morning news playing. It was perfect, especially since it is complimentary with your stay. As far as the hotel room itself: the beds were comfy cozy, the room was clean, and thank god the bathroom mirror does not face the potty. I really hate that! The only complaint I have about this place is that I could hear the people in the next room. I don't think they were being loud, I just think the walls are super thin here. Even with that complaint, it wouldn't stop me from staying here again because I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Corner suite on the fourth floor offers a wonderful view of the palm trees and the swimming pool. I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family was very pleased with this Best Western. Great desk staff, helpful and friendly. Granted every request we asked for. Breakfast was very nice--actually stayed open longer than hours posted. Off site dining is close with a large selection for you.
The Hotel looked as if it had just been remodeled, clean, rooms very nice, grounds very well cared for. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed a night here while moving out of town. There is a mandatory $25 pet fee, but they can't explain why or why it isn't refundable if no cleaning or extra work is required.

The 'pet friendly' rooms are next to a side entrance, which is great for taking the dog out but is very loud, with people coming and going all night. This side door had a sign that it would be locked between 10 pm and 7 am, but it never was.

The room was large, but decor and furnishings are dated. Room included fridge and microwave, which was a nice bonus.

Some staff were friendly and professional; some were indifferent to guests.

The free breakfast was better than average.

All in all, it was ok but a little pricey for the level of service and room quality.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near side entrace unless you're forced to take one due to pet policy. First floor ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County
Welk Resort San Diego
#2 of 16 in Escondido
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,441 reviews
Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido

Been to BEST WESTERN Escondido Hotel? Share your experiences!