Best Western Escondido Hotel
$62
$149
$219
  • Pool
All reviewssafari parkfreeway closewild animal parkboiled eggsbest westernscontinental breakfastyogurtthe breakfast areamicrowave and fridgeeasy accessnice place to staystaying at this hotelconvenient locationpool and hot tubclean hotelsitting areafront desk staff
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Escondido Hotel August 2-3 for business, and this was our third stay at this hotel. We always ask for the top floor, and we have never
been disappointed in our room or this hotel. All three times when checking in we were helped by Andrew, and he is amazing. Super friendly, efficient, and truly great at his job. It would be great to come back to this hotel when we aren't working. The breakfast is good, the pool and spa area nice. Our room was large, clean & quiet. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. Great hotel for either business or pleasure, and it's easy to get to, and close to many amenities.

Room Tip: I found making my reservations online a piece of cake & we got the room & floor we asked for.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Josietoo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here on a trip with friends to visit attractions around San Diego. The location was ok---right off the freeway with not much nearby but only 25-30min to Mission Bay, Sea World, Oceanside, etc.

The room was standard 2 Queen beds with a little sitting area. Everything seemed clean and stocked. The room appeared to have been pretty recently remodeled. The room and hallway smelled strongly of cleaner with underlying smoke. The bed was firm and pretty comfortable. There was a coffee pot, microwave, and fridge. I was annoyed that housekeeping did not restock my coffee packets after the first day, but that's not a huge problem. There was free wifi throughout the hotel, with easy login instructions given at checkin.

The pool and hot tub are outside with a nice little seating area and some landscaping. I didn't try them since the weather was a bit too cold.

There is a daily free breakfast consisting of waffles, boiled eggs, cereals, muffins/pastries, fruit cups, and "coffee." Ok, so the coffee from the gas station across the way was far better. Oh well. Decent for a hotel continental breakfast. One oddity was that they close off the sitting area of the lobby after breakfast. Would be nice to have a place to actually sit besides the room.

The hotel staff were professional, but seemed a little unhappy/annoyed underneath the smiling demeanor.

My main complaint about the stay was that the hotel was overrun with noisy children. It is extremely irritating as a single adult to have to listen to kids thundering around and jumping from bed to floor. The walls/floors seemed very thin. It would be nice if parents would take some responsibility for quieting their kids in the evening. It was also hard to get to the breakfast because there were kids serving themselves and spilling food everywhere. Probably not the hotel's fault, just something to keep in mind.

Overall, the hotel was reasonable. Given a choice, I would prefer to stay somewhere with a bit nicer feel to it, but would recommend this hotel for the location and room amenities.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stood one night on July 17th. We arrived about 10am we justest wanted to find the hotel before we headed out to The Wild Animal Safari Park. So we asked the front desk if they new any good restaurants so they gave us a print out of directions to a place called The Golden Egg. So glad we ate there GREAT HOMEMADE FOOD AND NICE PORTIONS. What a way to start your day we did not even eat at the park! Came back around 7pm swam and had a nice comfy bed. Would stay again:)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I always stay at this Best Western in Escondido. The staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to make my stay a enjoyable one. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Make your reservation early. But I think all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank skip1065
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Hotel is in a great location. Rooms were perfect ... especially if you have a family of 5. Their family suite can accommodate all very nicely. Staff was great and so was the continental breakfast the hotel provides.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay and will be going back
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family