Escondido Lodge
Motel 6 Downtown(Escondido)
Escondido Inn(Escondido)
Mount Vernon Inn(Escondido)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Very rude management and very nosy too. Opened my room door they don't respect Do Not Disturb sign. I was on business call & since they watch you through security cameras they know your inside room, they called my room phone non stop for 30 minutes then came pounding at door demanding I open door or call police. I opened door manager said i needed to answer room phone. Reported to them HK had opened my door & he didn't care. Said his HK staff has been there for long time & they have the right to open door when ever they want. I checked out immediately!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I came down to this area bc my daughter was going into labor :-) and of course I did not have a chance to book a hotel so let me tell you it was difficult finding a room in all of san diego! but this place had an opening, the staff was absolutely wonderful! they are def doing some intense remodeling, the place is going to look great but it was right next to a wonderful cafe the rooms were nice and clean and the price was good esp for a last min trip during which looked like a very busy weekend, but I would def return here, thank you to the staff of Econo Lodge Escondido for accomodating me and being so wonderful. I will def stay here again when I come to visit my grandson!

Room Tip: the non smoking king size bed room that I was in was very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Because I got there at 9pm, they charge me $200.00 for a crappy room with 1 small bed with spiders hanging on the walls, the wi-fi didn't work. I ask them to waik me up and they forgot. The rate room was $69 but because I need a room at 9pm, they charge me $200.00

Room Tip: It can be cheap but it is the worse place I ever stay
2  Thank Numara
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I never write reviews for things but I feel I had to for this one!

My husband and I were in town for a wedding in Rancho Sante Fe. I wanted to book a room closest to the place that was within our budget. I found this place for $ 70 a night. I read reviews, looked at the pictures and said hey why not. Now I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years some bad and some good but this was by far the worst!

Check in was easy, we paid cash. As we were walking to our room I noticed that they had torn down certain areas of the place looked like water damage because water was dripping from the second floor to the first. The place looked old, run down and dirty. We arrived to our room and as soon as I opened the door it smelled really bad of mold and cigs. The room was nasty the floors were dirty and old, bathroom was nasty I had to take a shower with flip flops on. Me and my husband didnt even sleep under the blankets. There were cig burns on the bed spread. The pillows smelled gross. Paint was bubbling on our ceiling in one of the corners with little drips of water. we were on a budget so we couldnt really afford to stay at a more expensive place so we just sucked it up and made the best of it!

We went and checked out the pool (which only went to 5ft) and they had a garden hose in the jacuzzi filling it with water. what i thought were bubbles were actually soap suds (dont know why or what from?) The pool was dirty had a lot of leaves and insects floating around and looked murky. outside of of the pool I noticed a pregnant woman on the phone loudly buying drugs and smoking cigs. There was also a guy in the parking lot living in his car! Very sad. One lady that had a room with a kitchen complained of roaches! I didnt find any in my room but yikes!

Breakfast in the morning was ok very basic, pastries, wheat bread, cornflakes, fruit loops, juice and coffee in the teeny tiny llittle lobby area where you check in. Free wifi.

so long story short, i guess you get what you pay for but sometimes its good to spend the extra money for something a little bit better (cleaner at least!) This place needs to be completely renovated, it is old, it has mold issues, water damage and roaches!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

We just left this hotel today and am glad that we did. They were doing constant construction right outside of our room, and Friday evening our air conditioner begun making loud noises. When I called the front desk I was told that the maintenance man was gone for the day and they had no extra rooms. The front desk clerk told me he would call the General Manager and get back with me, but never did. On the website they offer an iron and ironing board in every room, we didn't have one, although they were nice enough to loan us one to use. I don't think we will stay there again.