Not wanting to spend an arm and a leg on something we'd only be sleeping in, we chose this place based on its location and price. The location was great, the price was very reasonable, the accomodations and service were very disappointing.
It took me two full days and several phone calls to get a couple extra pillows. We had our laptop plugged into the phone line occassionally (no we don't have wifi), which was dialing into a local number, not using a "1", and they tried to say we were calling long distance and would charge us for it. They accused us of having a pet (they have a strict policy against pets - if you get "caught" with one they evict you and keep your money, and charge $150 for a "clean-up" fee - we did not have a pet there and I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd be accusing us of that; I felt like they were trying to set us up). The owners live on premesis and have small children that run around screaming and crying. And, to top it off, the room walls are splattered with "stuff" from previous guests - I could only hope it was once something innocent like food.
Bottom line, even though I know you pay for what you get, I think this is as bad as it gets, regardless. It would be worth the extra $10 a night to go somewhere else like Motel 6...really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A independant motel with Franchise Quality...you will be impressed. Your home away from home. All newly renovated and Furnished 2008 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Motel Mediteran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Mediteran Hotel Escondido
- Mediteran Hotel Escondido
- Mediteran Motel Escondido