“Excellent Value”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

When we first arrived, we were a bit concern about the exterior look, it looks old. However, the inside was fine. The bed was comfortable, and sheets are clean, the pillow didn't feel disgusting as a two star motel often felt.

It is a family run place, and Sangita is a really nice and friendly host. She made us feel welcomed. She told us about the In-N-Out burger secret menu, and all the surrounding places to visits.

The internet was fine, I was able to stream and watch movies. The signal on TV was fine. We were on the second floor, so facing the parking lot didn't bother us at all. We were out all day, so we didn't even notice there was no net curtain for privacy, as some other reviews indicated.

The breakfast was simple, but I think it's great for the $ we paid. It has cereal, bagles, muffins, breads, croissants, fruits, hard boil eggs, and make your own waffles. It's what we usually eat at home anyway, so it was great.

Just don't set your expectation to be a 5 star hotel, then you surely won't be disappointed.

Will finitely return again when we come back to San Diego.

Room Tip: chose the second floor facing the garden for more privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonia P, Manager at Motel Mediteran, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with your stay. Our family takes pride in our Motel and we are happy that you found the property and our service to meet your needs during your stay in Escondido. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The price was moderate, and the 2-queen room was clean and spacious enough to move around in. It was quiet at night. You need to drive to restaurants and sights, but we didn't mind that. The breakfast was adequate--boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, various cold cereals, fresh milk, several kinds of rolls, coffee, tea, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sonia P, Manager at Motel Mediteran, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay at Motel Mediteran. I am happy you found us to be a central location to many of the local activities. We take pride in our Motel and I am glad to know that you enjoyed the value of our spacious rooms. I hope that you will stay with us again.

Ireland
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This was "almost a good place to stay" but it was the many little things that let this place down. The first being the lack of privacy! Our room overlooked the whole car park, but there were no net curtains on the window. So we either had to keep our heavy curtains closed all day or have people see into our room! (There were cars parked right outside our window) I did notice however that the owners rooms all had blinds or nets. Their privacy must be important to them!!!
When we spoke to the guy at the desk about this he was less than helpful and dismissive of our concerns. We did however speak with a lovely woman as we checked out. She seemed genuinely concerned about our stay. Unfortunately this was in the last 3 minutes of our visit.
The room was tastefully furnished & spotlessly clean, but was very small especially the bathroom.
The WiFi was terrible & the TV reception wasn't great
And last but not least the breakfast room was tiny, with just 3 tables for 2 and hardly any room to move

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonia P, Manager at Motel Mediteran, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I value your comments and want to thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. I am very sorry that you feel that your concerns were not valued during your stay. I will bring these concerns up during our management meeting. Please know that we do care about the comfort of all of our guests. We do not usually have trouble with WIFI or TV signal strength, be assured I will have this issue examined. I am glad that you found your room clean and hope that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Please give us another chance to meet your needs in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Motel Mediteran is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are tastefully renovated, and very clean and comfortable. We were impressed with the attention to detail throughout. Our room was located upstairs and around the side, facing a beautiful garden with fruit trees and the yard of the neighboring shop -- this was a very quiet spot with a beautiful view. The woman at the front desk (I believe she is the owner) was friendly and welcoming, and in the morning even asked if I slept well. The continental breakfast had a nice assortment of choices, including coffee, orange juice, fruit, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, pastries and more. The pool looked very clean and inviting. For the price, you get a lot for your money at Motel Mediteran. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We loved our second floor room around the side (away from the parking lot), which overlooks fruit tr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonia P, Manager at Motel Mediteran, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am happy to see that you noticed the care and pride we take in our facility. Our staff really wants each person that stays with us to be comfortable and happy. Thank you for noticing our wonderful complimentary breakfast. I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were quite happy with our stay at Motel Mediteran. The rooms were very clean and everything was well maintained. We booked a queen bed room so we were in the one-story wing, which was nice on the inside although the bathroom was old-school, with a small sink that didn't have enough surface area to put even a small bag on--see photo. My wife's mom spent a little extra and reserved a king bed room; she was in the newer, 2-story building near the front, and her room was really nice, with a more modern bathroom including some counter space on the sink - see photo. Breakfast was good and the outdoor seating was inviting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Torrance, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The nice lady behind the counter asked that I review them on TripAdvisor and Yelp - but I had intended to anyway.

This motel is no frills, comfortable, quiet, clean - - and the next day I realized, friendly. It is interesting how a "Have a Nice Day" goes a long way. I booked the motel through Priceline, was looking for just one night's stay - as I had an early morning exam in San Diego and I was coming from LA.

The checkin was lightning fast which was awesome because I really had to pee after my drive. I also needed to study, and the place was very quiet and comfortable. Four large fluffy pillows that I propped up, with the flatscreen TV on low volume. Slept like a baby with a cool breeze wafting in my open window. Again, no sound even though I know there were residents right next door.

Next morning I discovered they had guest laundry facilities, which I took advantage of. Saw the grounds better, clean, green, well manicured lawns about. Price for laundry on par, no taking advantage. Had single use detergent and dryer sheets for purchase if interested.

Went for my free coffee and muffins, which really hit the spot. Again, nothing fancy but very comforting and good. Coffee fresh. I waited a bit to talk to someone about wi fi, as I was not able to get on the night before. She apologized and said there was a password. As I left with my coffee, she said "Have a Nice Day" with sincerity... I know, I know. It's ridiculous that this should not be a staple in customer service, but it isn 't.

Finally, when I checked out, she was concerned that I only had the small room. I was unaware, but I really didn't care. It was perfect, which I told her. It was so quiet and comfy it was just what the doctor ordered.

I plan on being back to hit some breweries. This is where I will stay, no doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bombshellbrewnuttes
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed for two nights.
Close to the SD Safaripark, which was the reason to book here.
It's about a 15 minutes drive to the park.
Room is not big and not small, just good. Queensize beds seem to be the smallest version, so even with a child next to you a little crammed.
Only thing that felt somewhat uncomfortable was that the room itself was a bit dark, but I guess this is what a motel is like, so not a dealbreaker.
Swimmingpool is a large bathtub, don't get your hopes up, but enough to cooldown.
Close to lots of fastfood-chains, gasstation next door. Neighboorhood felt rather safe.
Clean and well maintained.
Friendly owners, although a bit chaotic at times, for me this just enhanced the family-feel.
If you're really organised and picky, like the autistic kind, you might become nervous ;-).
Breakfast was the biggest surprise; wafflemaker was fun for the kid and overall great variety, also for those who came in late.
I guess you can't find much better, considering their rates it's a real good deal.

Room Tip: For parking next to your door, groundfloor. For no stamping feet above you, choose second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family