When we first arrived, we were a bit concern about the exterior look, it looks old. However, the inside was fine. The bed was comfortable, and sheets are clean, the pillow didn't feel disgusting as a two star motel often felt.
It is a family run place, and Sangita is a really nice and friendly host. She made us feel welcomed. She told us about the In-N-Out burger secret menu, and all the surrounding places to visits.
The internet was fine, I was able to stream and watch movies. The signal on TV was fine. We were on the second floor, so facing the parking lot didn't bother us at all. We were out all day, so we didn't even notice there was no net curtain for privacy, as some other reviews indicated.
The breakfast was simple, but I think it's great for the $ we paid. It has cereal, bagles, muffins, breads, croissants, fruits, hard boil eggs, and make your own waffles. It's what we usually eat at home anyway, so it was great.
Just don't set your expectation to be a 5 star hotel, then you surely won't be disappointed.
Will finitely return again when we come back to San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A independant motel with Franchise Quality...you will be impressed. Your home away from home. All newly renovated and Furnished 2008 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Motel Mediteran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Mediteran Hotel Escondido
- Mediteran Hotel Escondido
- Mediteran Motel Escondido