“Very nice Motel, quite recommendable ”
Review of Motel Mediteran

Motel Mediteran
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We just booked our stay spontaneous, one day before. The staff was b very friendly and the room in good condition. Even comparable to a German Hotel. We will stay again at Motel Mediteran next time visiting this area.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2013

For the price this room was a steal. Very friendly staff a large clean room. Location not the best but felt safe. Bed was comfy. If I were to stay again in Escondido I would come back to this motel....

1  Thank cary_c9
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My sister and I booked our rooms at the Mediteran through bidding on Priceline.com. When we saw that the location was not a name brand hotel/motel, we were quite nervous. But after arriving our fears went away. Our first impression from the outside was that the motel was average looking but clean, so that was a plus. Then lady at the front desk was every friendly and arrange for me and my sister to have rooms next to each other, so that was another plus. Then to our surprise, the rooms turned out to be pretty nice and with clean bathrooms (a big must for me). Each room had a huge wide screen television mounted on the wall, a microwave, a refrigerator, a table with 2 chairs, and a small walk-in closet. The best part for both of us were the beds, which were very comfortable and also clean. I'm really sensitive to smells, but I did not detect any weird odors on the bed or in the room. The location was great, just 20-30 minutes to most of the San Diego area tourist spots, and 5 minutes away from a major mall. Overall we had a really enjoyable stay at the Mediteran and for a really good price.

2  Thank Char M
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our third time staying here. The rooms are basic, a little crowded, but very clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is decent and the staff has always been very friendly. We even received a box of chocolates upon check-in this time!

1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Work booked us here for 12 nights. Very easy to check-in, helpful and pretty clean space. Our room was good especially for the price. Maid came every day and did a good job! Bed was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. We stay in hotels all the time for work and this one was actually one of the better ones we have stayed in and I have stayed in a ton!
The only downside is the loud bar next door (don't go there.. Overpriced and gross) and an adult shop is next to that!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hotel and had an overall positive experience. The rooms were not quite ready at check in time but there was a nice restaurant nearby and rooms were ready by the time we got back. Otherwise the rooms were small but clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good and convenient. Very close proximity to the Assembly Hall within about ten miles. Overall a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I noticed when I arrived that the place was located next to an Adult Book Store and a biker bar. Next to these places, the convenience store owners looked nervous, constantly checking their video screens for activity. So you get an idea of the area. Unlike what one reviewer claimed, you cannot walk downtown. You cannot walk anywhere without cars zooming right by you - no sidewalks. When I came back from a walk, a couple next to my room were using the room for an hour. In order to get the key, the management or owners must have known about this kind of short term activity. This of course was a bad sign. The room stunk like a wet, dirty dog - not a little, bit, a lot. When I went to sleep that night, I was attacked by biting insects - probably fleas, but possibly bed bugs. The room on my other side had people in it that had amorous activities (wink-wink), stayed up all night talking, partying, and watching loud TV. I believe there were two separate groups but I was dead tired and was falling in and out of sleep. When I read the bad reviews of the place that I missed, I saw that the owners would probably not be amenable to my complaints so I just packed up & left in the morning. I've stayed in many budget motels and never had bugs. This, along with the partying, and guests filing in and out left me a little scared and angry that I had been duped by the positive reviews into staying here when I desperately needed a safe secure place to sleep and relax after driving across the country. Not at all recommended for families.

Room Tip: Avoid the row of rooms nearest the Adult Book Store - the row in the back that faces the street