“below average for this chain”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #22 of 343 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: Mexican, Native American
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went when they were not very busy and sat right down, service wasn't great for an empty place, food was just not as good as other ones we have been to. Mostly disappointed in the cheesecake we got to go, very small pieces, and not that great, for $7.95 I expect a nice sized piece, pass on this place.

There are newer reviews for The Cheesecake Factory

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I called and talked to a girl a few days before our visit to try and make a reservation for 14. She explained that the don't take reservations but asked me when we would be coming. I told her Sunday around 4:30. She made me feel, that would be no problem and we might have to wait a half hour. This was a surprise birthday get together for my wife. I made the plans and told everyone where to meet. I get there Sunday at 4:20 and I'm told it was a 4 1/2 hour wait! I thought they were joking with me! Everyone is showing up and we have nowhere to eat. We scrambled and made other plans. I called the next day and talked to 2 managers. DJ and Marty. They both were arrogant and self righteous! We are a small restaurant and that's just the way it is. I asked to talk to a district manager and was told they are not aloud to give out that information. If I had been told Sunday is not a good day for that large a group, I would have made other plans ahead of time. It's that simple! A 4 1/2 hour wait you might as well tell a customer you're not wanted here, go somewhere else! The Cheesecake Factory is overrated and certainly never worth a 4 1/2 hour rate! It's a fad and if they continue to treat customers this way they won't be around very long!

2  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a chain we've always had good luck with. But luck has a way of running out. Seated quickly and initial service was okay. Food was good. Now the downside. The place is dirty. Had to send fork back because of dried food. Had to wipe down two knives because of water stain. (I hope). Bread dish had an old butter wrapper stuck to the bottom. My salad had an old wilted lettuce leaf stuck to the bottom. Wife's salad was missing the avocado. Full portion of pasta was delivered as a lunch portion. When it was pointed out the waitress said she would put the extra in a box to take home as she didn't want to make us wait. Said she had already charged for a full portion and couldn't change it (we hadn't paid yet so why couldn't she change the bill?) Steer clear !!!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite restaurants. They just opened a new one in Escondido in the Westfield North County Mall. Once again, they built a restaurant that is too small to accommodate the large flow of customers. I've been to this restaurant twice. The 1st time was a few days after their grand opening. The wait was 3 hours for a table. The 2nd time was for lunch and we only needed a table for 2. The wait was still 30 minutes, even though we arrived at 11:30. They do not accept reservations, but they will text you once your table is ready. Since they are still new, they are still getting the kinks out. They are often out of something. On the first visit, they were out of a pasta dish. On the 2nd visit, they were out of the white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake (their best seller!) The servers are still being trained and aren't completely knowledgeable about all the menu items. The décor is gorgeous and new and the bathrooms are lovely. They don't have any paper towels in the restroom, so I had to use my shirt sleeve to open the door handle when I left. I mentioned to the manager that they should have a towelette dispenser near the door, so patrons could use one of those open the door. I will be back because the food is very good and the servers are friendly and do try to please you.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent. We hadn't planned on going to CF but as we headed to BJ's, we saw that CF was open; they stay open till midnight on Saturdays. Greeted immediately, seated quickly & service was excellent. Server recommended the special of the day, grilled salmon on a bed of rice, coconut sauce, very delicious and flavorful at every bite. We tried not eating the bread they put in front of us but the hot & fresh bread was too irresistible, server asked us if we wanted more and we said no, otherwise we wouldn’t eat our dinner. We still managed to only eat ½ of it and took the rest home. Chris took his jambalaya pasta home too. Great experience all around.