“Great Lunch at Swami's Cafe in Escondido, CA”
Review of Swami's Cafe

Swami's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Swami's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 341 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oceanside, California
“Great Lunch at Swami's Cafe in Escondido, CA”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The wife and I both had Corned Beef Reubens sandwiches and they were the best we have ever had. The service was outstanding. They were very busy, but they waited on everyone with great service the moment you came in the front door. Jayi B.

• Visited May 2014

Escondido, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad...”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went to swamis on a Sunday evening. The shrimp street tacos were filled with large onion rectangles and a couple bits of shrimp. The salmon wraps were actually pretty good. We ordered the black sea bass and the house burger. The asparagus seriously tasted like it went bad and came out of a store with the refrigeration broken. The black sea bass was so-so but not worth the price. My burger had a burnt egg on top and was overcooked even though I ordered med-rare. Then came the fries. It tasted like the fries were marinating in grease for days. Not one crispy frie on my plate, just soggy and cold. We complained about both problems and the hostess came up to us with a bowl full of salad, eating and asking us if there was a problem. I told her to put down her food when she was talking to me and she stormed off. Finally the manager came to us. We told him the problems and he offered to take off the burger meal, of course the cheaper plate, but he left the sea bass meal on. He offered us a free desert but why would I want more crappy food. He gave us a $25 gift card, why would I even want to go back there if they cant even cook French fries? I wish there was an option for 0 stars.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nika171
Pauma Valley, CA
“Wonderful Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have been here several times for breakfast. There are many options including vegan as well as standard breakfast fare, wholegrain pancakes and waffles, smoothies, omelets, breakfast burritos, eggs benedict and huevos rancheros. Fresh fruit is an option on each plate. The food is fresh and tasty and the service prompt and courteous. I love eating here and highly recommend it, prices are reasonable and seem low for what is presented. I love eggs benedict and the price for that here is $7.95, lower than anywhere else.

• Visited February 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Try their dinner!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Dinner is a new feature at Swami's Cafe in Escondido. The food was great. Start with the crispy brussel sprouts. This is from someone who would be more than willing to pass on sprouts. The sprouts are first baked at high temperature. Then the prosciutto is added with a graded cheese topping. Absolutely delicious. The stuffed portabello mushroom was the other appy. It was good. Entree were a large salad and mahi mahi. The latter was delicious. Service was tops. A definite repeat visit is in order.

• Visited February 2014
San Diego
“Another great new restaurant on Grand Ave”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Swami's is a great new restaurant on Grand Ave. I have eaten there for both lunch and dinner - both were very good.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Swami's Cafe? Share your experiences!