“GO for the Bacon!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Needed breakfast desperately on a Saturday morning and Westside is a few blocks from my house and I'd been meaning to give it a try since the new owners took over. Glad I did!

First, when you walk in, they are all super friendly. I was greeted by the manager and also a couple of the servers. They were friendly and the manager seated me right away. It's very clean in there and had an overall warm and inviting atmosphere.

I ordered your standard eggs over easy with sourdough toast, bacon and hash browns. Everything was good, but the bacon was outstanding. They infuse their bacon with maple and thyme. It was so very delicious... I with the hash browns had been as good, unfortunately they were just average. Hash browns should be CRISPY on the outside. But, most restaurants tend to forget this and like at most places these days, the toast wasn't really toasted enough. Why is it that everywhere you go these days the toast is either underdone, burned or a combination of the two. Seriously EVERY breakfast I've had out lately, the toast is just not that nice golden brown toast we once got. I have the theory that they just don't make toasters like they once did, but someone needs to work on this! In fairness, to the Westside, though, neither the toast nor the hash browns were bad, they just were average. The eggs were cooked perfectly, which you might think, yeah, their eggs over easy, what of it? Well, this is the first time out of the last three times I ordered this that the eggs actually came out over easy, so HOORAY! The iced tea was fresh brewed and yummy and kept filled, thank you thank you.

Between the breakfast and the service, and ESPECIALLY the bacon, I'm already a fan and plan to return soon. Love having something close to home that's tasty and friendly. Also, I was told they are rolling out jalapeno infused bacon, so some of you might want to get down and try that!

Price for the breakfast and my tea? $10 and change.

1  Thank ladyjadegd

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went with my husband and 5 year old son. Love how they gave my son more than 1 crayon & actual coloring book plus toys to play with, so smart! and gives us a break on entertaining him. My breakfast chilaquiles were good, could've been spicier rather than sweet tasting as they were but my husband loved his breakfast and my son enjoyed his pancakes (anything with syrup is AOK with him!)

2  Thank GirlGabe