“Best Gelato we've ever had!”
Review of EscoGelato

EscoGelato
Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Escondido
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped by here after reading reviews on EscoGelato and we had lunch and then a gelato. Our lunch was a Panini sandwich, which was excellent, salad, and ice tea. They were extremely friendly and helpful and came over to our table and poured us more ice tea. But the best part by far was the gelato! oh my goodness! it was so flavorable and creamy, my husband is Italian, and he even said it was the best he's had!! We live in South Orange County, but If we lived closer, I think we would spend a lot of time there! We highly recommend this place, we will return!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Prices are comparable to Baskin-Robbins but slightly better quality. I've never had "authentic" gelato from Italy, so I can't say how it compares but I really like it. It's Smith and creamy, denser than "American" ice cream

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is fine, but not real Gelato...still searching to find. The service is friendly and ice cream (gelato) is ok. A tad pricey...but it's the only ice-cream around so they should do ok.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a true hidden gem. I have been looking around for a perfect cappuccino (just like the way you get in Italy) and latte and finally came across this place. They make the perfect latte with art on it. If you are craving for something sweet, they have delicious gelato and Affogato. Finally a break from starbucks who do not know what a cappuccino is.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Took the motorcycle out for a ride with a friend of mine and we decided to head inland...so went online and looked up coffeehouses in Escondido. EscoGelato received some nice reviews, so set the GPS destination and headed there. They have everything from coffee and homemade gelato to panini's and desserts. Located in the heart of Escondido on a nice quiet side street, it's a great place to sit outside and relax or sit inside and chat with the owners as well as other customers. Overall, a very nice place serving delicious food and drinks. I ended had the Deedo Panini (sliced chicken, provolone, roasted red peppers, avocado, mayo and pesto) and a cup of coffee....ummm, ummm, good!!! (NOTE: while getting a second cup of coffee, started talking to a regular who said that I should also add caramelized onions to my panini...maybe next time).