“Decent hotel, not great”
Review of Super 8 Escondido

Super 8 Escondido
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Vallejo, California
“Decent hotel, not great”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Very clean, and the room had lots of space in it. I think it used to be a two-bed room that had been converted into a one-bed room. Comfortable. The neighborhood seemed kind of sketchy, but we didn't have any problems or see any crime. There were lots of families at the hotel, so it was kind of loud, especially in the mornings. The walls are very thin, though, so I could hear everybody's conversation outside my room at 6:30 in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tracilyns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days, from 1st July to 5th July 2011. We booked this hotel as it was cheap and we went around San Diego, Safari park, Dana point and close by locations. We booked two Queen sized rooms 328 and 329. The rooms were spacious, free Wifi, small Dining table for two, fridge, microwave and hair dryer. The Bathroom was a also well sized. They had HBO too. So, had a good time watching TV after returning from trips. The Breakfast was also good enough. Everyday they replaced towels and cleaned the room, made the bed and replaced toiletries. So I found it to be very comfortable after returning from each days trip and to get all clean room again. The locality around the motel is also good with all stores a restaurants within .5 miles. From inside the room its quite excellent as a budget hotel, but from outside it is little shabby and may not be very appealing. But who cares, when you save so much bucks but yet enjoying your stay and convenience. Overall, I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Shoumo123
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 14, 2010

we were visiting the wild animal park so i decided to stay at this place. I had called before and this was the first place that would allow us to check in early we arived at the property around 10:00 am our room was more than i expected it was clean roomy and all the apliances worked the front desk was very informative of the surounding area and gave us great directions. their beds were very comfortable and the linen appeared nice and clean. their breakfats was good enough for me (cereal,toast, sweet bread juice, cofee and waffles) i only had waffles and coffee i did not get a chance to jump in the pool but it looked clean and clear maybe on my next trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I reserved a 2 nite stay over the internet.
First the good points - nice looking property, microwave and bar fridge in the room, free WiFi
Now the rest of the story - This is a hooker hangout, doors slaming at 3:00 AM, You will hear pimps on their cellphones outside in the middle of the night. Ladies arriving at 4:00 AM, Management MUST be aware this is going on and condone this. I expected John Walsh to show up with a film crew.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Me,my best friend and her 2 children stayed here over memorial Day weekend. We had a hard time finding an available hotel due to booking only 16 hours before we needed a room and this Super 8 popped up as available so we booked it. We booked a 2 queen non-smoking room with a microwave and fridge and that is exactly what we got. The room was a good size and was clean so we were happy. The pool was small but clean.The free breakfast was very basic(cereal, juice, coffee) but we did not book for the breakfast.The room also had free WIFI which was very nice and worked fine. There was some street noise so if you are a light sleeper this may not be the best place for you to stay. The hotel is not in a pretty area, it is right on a busy street so if you are looking for a view there is none. The neighborhood seemed safe and there were plenty of restaurants just a few blocks away.We noticed a lot of families staying here. We paid $89 a night and that seemed very fair, esp. when booking so late on a holiday weekend.If you just need a good clean room at a good price this place fits the bill.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Hotel was clean and staff was very nice. For this class of hotel, very nice. Rooms are large, pool was clean, etc. Complementary breakfast had limited selection, but was adequate. Perfect place to stay for the $'s.

• Liked — Clean, fair value
  • Disliked — Location, not a lot of near by amenities.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA, USA
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We needed an overnight hotel that was on our way to our favorite beach. This was the cheapest one we could find that didn't ask for a two day minimum. It was the 4th of July on a Friday night. I got two queen beds, non-smoking, second floor, by the elevator, room 214. We never heard the elevator from our room. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the odor. My first thought was, "I wonder if this use to be a smoking room." The room had it's own cooler system on the window. We went to go turn it on and the plastic grill kept falling off, so we finally left it on the floor. All I cared about, was that it worked at cooling off the room. The room was super clean and everything worked. It was also very spacious which I loved. It had a micro that we didn't use. It had a fridge that we put two soda cans in. It had a hair dryer. My husband checked in and out so I didn't deal with the front desk, but they gave him extra towels at the front desk that we ended up not using anyway. Before I went to bed, I took a quick shower. I could hear a shower running and the toilet flushing in a room next to us while I was in the bathroom, but I couldn't hear it in the sleeping area. It didn't bother me since I didn't hear it in the sleeping area. The shower had a curved bar on top which I like. It gives you more room in the shower and keeps the curtain away from your body so it doesn't cling to your body. Once we crawled into bed, we wanted an extra pillow. My husband called the front desk at about 11:30pm and they brought one up right away. Therefore, I think the service was great from what I could see. The beds were really comfortable and I was surprized how comfortable the pillows were. We usually bring our own pillows because hotels usually have very uncomfortable pillows, but theirs were quite decent. We went downstairs in the morning for the cont. breakfast. They had a raisen bran type cereal, cheerios type cereal, bagels and cream cheese, danishes with a fruit filled center, oj, cranberry juice, milk and coffee. It was just as I expected and it satisfied me. However, my husband was dissapointed that it didn't have more, like hot waffles. I made the reserv. so I knew what the breakfast was. I guess he expected a lot more. We didn't use the pool or jacuzzi, but it looked clean. I don't know if anybody was in the room above us, but we never heard any feet. I noticed that the hotel seemed kind of squished onto a small piece of property, but it had everything that we needed and it was a pleasant stay. I was quite happy with it and I would stay there again.

• Liked — big, comfortable, clean, value
  • Disliked — Odor when I first walked in.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family