“Great beer”

Port Brewing Company
Ranked #15 of 54 things to do in Escondido
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place has great beers, friendly service and an extremely casual but fun atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Port Brewing Company

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had some out of town friends visit and they are really into craft beers. We were directed to Port Brewing and boy were we glad we found this gem. Excellent beers, great atmosphere, and an amazing friendly and helpful staff.
If craft beer tastings are on your schedule this is a must stop.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is by far my favorite brewery in San Diego and the first place I think of coming when I’m in the mood for a growler refill. The first time I came here I thought I must be in the wrong place as they are located in the middle of a small industrial complex. Nope, after parking you basically walk up the loading dock ramp and into their brewery. They have a portion of the work area set aside for guests with a large table, long bar, many barrels to serve as chairs and plenty of standing room. Their beer is excellent and their prices are incredibly cheap. Compared to other breweries (Stone, for example) they practically give their beer away for free. The staff is friendly, chatty, and helpful to newcomers who need advice on what they might like or what order they should consider drinking their beer in. On many nights of the week food trucks will park outside to offer some grub for purchase, or do as we do and bring your own. As their popularity has gown the crowds have greatly increased, but don’t let that hinder your. Crowd or not this place is a amazing and not to be missed!

If your one of the local regulars who buys Lost Abbey/Port Brewing Company beer in the store but has never visited the brewery you’re missing out on so much! They have limited beers on top (changes depending on the time of year) that you can only get here, not in the store. Stop on by, you won’t be disappointed!

1  Thank strongma
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was one of the best breweries we went to on our trip to San Diego. We pretty much had a taster of all the brews and loved them, especially their Avant Garde, Judgement Day and Repertoire. It is smaller than say Stone or Green Flash, so it can get crowded pretty quick, but definitely worth it.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The past few years I have become a bit of a beer snob, and have found that the San Diego area has some of the best microbreweries in the country. While I am a big fan of Stone and Ballast Point also, my favorite brewery to visit has become this one that has both Port Brewing (American style) and The Lost Abbey (Belgian style) beers. I enjoy the Port Brewing beers but The Lost Abbey beers are really special. The tasting room is cool, it's pretty much the brewing garage with the doors rolled up, and the crowd spills outside. The seating is kegs with bags of malt on top as the "cushion"... pretty cool though honestly it can get a little uncomfortable after sitting awhile on those. Be sure to have a designated driver, the alcohol levels in the beers from The Lost Abbey range from 7% to 10%+, so they pack a punch quickly . Judgment Day is my absolute favorite. You can get pints or "taster" sizes to sample. The people that work there really know their stuff, so it is a good place to get some beer education while you drink and hang out. I believe the address for the brewery is actually in San Marcos, not Escondido, if you are looking it up.